Online Schools in Pennsylvania
Times have changed in Pennsylvania. It's not a world of 9-to-5 jobs anymore. You don't always stay in one place for years—or even decades—at a time. There are a lot of great opportunities for you and your family, but there's also a lot less certainty and you need a lot more hustle, a bit more flexibility.
Times have changed. Shouldn't your approach to your child's education change, too?
Understanding Pennsylvania Online Public Schools
You probably have some questions about online schools in Pennsylvania. Would your child get the same kind of education they'd get at a traditional Pennsylvania public school? Does a Pennsylvania online public school student's pay tuition ? Is attending an online school anything at all like the brick-and-mortar experience?
The answers are: yes, no*, and you'd be surprised.
Let's take a look.
Do students get the same quality education by attending K12-powered online schools in Pennsylvania that they'd get from the traditional model?
Yes, they do. Your child will follow a traditional school year, be held to the same standards and requirements Pennsylvania requires for all of its students, and learn from state-certified educators. That’s all the same.
The difference is in the flexibility. Your student can attend a Pennsylvania online public school anywhere there's an internet connection. That may be your home. It may be your office. It may be a hotel while you’re traveling for work.
- Your child will receive a personalized education plan and will get one-to-one attention from educators who teach the same core subjects—math, English, history, science, world languages, music, and the arts—that your child would be taught in a traditional classroom setting.
- Your child will be monitored by and work with a Learning Coach (you or another responsible adult) who makes sure they are moving through their work at an appropriate rate, and the Learning Coach will even be able to connect online with teachers and classmates.
- Your child will also have time away from the screen. K12 provides students in our online schools in Pennsylvania with hands on learning materials and even sets up field trips, clubs and other social activities to make sure your youngster is experiencing the full breadth of the educational experience.
Does a K12 Pennsylvania online public school charge tuition?
No. Like any public school, online public schools in Pennsylvania are tuition-free.*
Is attending online public school similar to a brick-and-mortar experience?
Obviously there are some differences due to the nature of online learning, but students must comply with attendance and state testing e requirements and they are taught by certificated teachers. And although students learn online, there are still social interactions with friends and with teachers through the online classes online clubs and field trips to museums and parks organized throughout the state.
Your child still gets the same quality education you'd expect and, in many circumstances, is actually able to embrace the experience more readily because factors that may have held them back in the public school setting are removed.
Where can I find online public schools in Pennsylvania?
Want to find an online school in Pennsylvania? Use our School Finder to identify the online schools available to you and your family.
Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School | Grades K–11
Insight PA Cyber Charter School is an online school for independent learners who love an academic challenge. Our educators are dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through an education experience tailored to each child's needs.
- Individualized Learning Plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Pennsylvania-certified teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum challenges and inspires.
- Older students can take honors and CTE exploratory courses.
- Destinations Career Program helps high school students get ahead with courses in Business, Health Science, and IT.
- Social events, extracurricular activities, and clubs bring students together.
350 Eagleview Blvd, Suite 350 | Exton, PA 19341
You're at the beginning of an exciting journey.
A K12 online education gives you and your family the personalization you seek and quality you need. We’re excited to welcome you into the K12 family. Learn more about tuition-free online and virtual public schools now.*
Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultant can help you address your technological and computer needs.