Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
A New Approach to Learning for Alabama Students
Are you seeking a different approach to traditional public schooling? Whether your student needs a distraction-free learning environment or seeks advanced courses to prepare for college or a career after high school, Alabama’s online public school powered by K12 could be your solution.
What sets apart the K12-powered online school in Alabama?
Your student’s education journey is designed with their unique goals, strengths, and challenges in mind at Alabama’s public school powered by K12. The personalized learning program includes:
- A personalized learning plan for each student.
- Alabama-certified teachers who guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Engaging, highly interactive online curriculum that enriches and inspires students.
- Field trips, extracurricular activities, and clubs that offer fun social opportunities
How does K12-powered Alabama online public school work?
Learning begins with an effective, dedicated team.
- Students use K12’s interactive curriculum to complete daily coursework.
- State-certified teachers instruct students in online, real-time class sessions.
- Students and parents have open lines of communication with teachers.
- School counselors help students set goals for the future
- Learning Coaches (usually a parent) help their student stay on schedule, record attendance, and communicate with teachers
Online lessons are mastery based in grades K–5 and include hands-on learning opportunities away from the computer. The Learning Coach spends about 3 to 6 hours per day working with their student. In higher grades, students take more responsibility for their schedule, and the Learning Coach spends about 1 to 4 hours per day helping their student.
Why K12: Mia wanted an environment where she could focus on building her future. She’s earning certifications and developing skills for a career in healthcare.
Explore a Day in the Life of Mia
Why K12: Josh’s mom wanted her advanced students to be challenged academically. Now, Josh can work at his own, quicker pace through lessons and focus on his science experiments.
See Josh’s Day with His Sister
Online Schools Available for Alabama Students
Reach your full potential with a personalized approach to education for students in grades K–12.
- Get on the path to success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Accelerate your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses for grades 9–12.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with personalized future-focused learning.
- Jump-start your future with college credits, industry certifications, and internships while in high school.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Be set up for success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option with support from state-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community with a range of extracurricular activities
- A robust advanced learner program with bood and educational materials
- Full-time, innovative, online school with flexible pacing; Early graduation for those that qualify
- Vibrant community with in-person events, social activities, and clubs; After school virtual STEM activities provided by Dallas County STEM
- Dual enrollment opportunities – a high school student may earn his/her diploma while gaining college credits
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs. Educational materials vary by school and course.