Spark an early love of learning!
K12-powered online elementary schools in California provide a foundation for future success. Every learner needs an environment where they can thrive. With K12-powered schools, your student can learn and grow at their own pace, wherever there’s an internet connection. If your family is looking for an alternative to a traditional brick-and-mortar school, explore tuition-free K12-powered California online elementary schools.
Is a K12-powered online elementary school in California a good fit for my student?
Enrolling your student in a K12-powered online elementary school in California will help them build a strong academic and social foundation for the continuation of their academic career. Our engaging curriculum and exciting online platform ensure your student stays involved with both online and offline activities.
California online elementary schools powered by K12 offer a personalized learning journey for our youngest students and an educational experience unlike any other. The daily pace can be tailored to each student based on what their parents and teachers feel will best support their unique needs.
To ensure a well-rounded education, K12 provides myriad social opportunities to students enrolled in K12-powered online elementary schools in California. Activities like teacher-supervised online clubs,§ contests, and more help students stay engaged with their peers and form meaningful connections.
State-certified teachers with specialized experience in online learning teach classes at K12-powered online elementary schools in California. Elementary school lessons are mastery-based, allowing students to work at the pace best suited to their needs and learning styles.LEARN MORE
As the parent or legal guardian of a student enrolled in a California online elementary school powered by K12, you’ll play an essential role as your student’s Learning Coach. As a Learning Coach for an elementary-aged student, you will guide your learner through their daily lessons and ensure they’re on track with coursework and assignments. You’ll also provide academic support and motivation throughout the school year. As a Learning Coach, you’ll also have access to our various training tools and support resources. Learn more about how online elementary schools in California can help your child succeed. EXPLORE
K12-powered online elementary schools in California combine engaging online lessons with hands-on learning materials.** Activities such as science experiments and art projects complement online courses and provide a variety of ways to learn. Your student can spend time away from the computer screen while still learning. Browse through our sample lessons to get an idea of what learning looks like at a K12-powered online elementary school in California. SAMPLE LESSONS
Awards and Recognition
K12 meets the highest standards of educational management, and has been recognized with awards and accolades for its curriculum, programming, and technology.
Is online learning effective for elementary school students?
For many elementary school students, the advantages of online learning can benefit their educational journey. The freedom of online learning can allow students to take breaks, exercise, or reset, which can help them return to their lessons refreshed and ready to go.
Online schooling can also make learning more effective for students who find social interaction anxiety-inducing or are more productive without the many distractions of a busy school building.1
Elementary Schools Available in California
Reach your full potential with an innovative, cutting-edge education from fully credentialed teachers.
- Be set up for success with flexible, personalized instruction.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 7–12.
Empower your learning with a high-quality, Western Association of Schools and Colleges-accredited online charter school serving Los Angeles, Kern, Orange, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Jump-start your future by earning certifications in high-demand career fields.
- Get set up for success with personalized college and career counseling, access to industry experts, job shadowing, and networking.
- Grades K-8 full-time, interactive, online public school with personalized, tuition-free hands-on learning and classes in core subjects
- Passionate, supportive state-certified teachers -parent resources, demos, and assistance to start your child off strong-vibrant community with in-person events and clubs
- Synchronous live instruction with teachers every morning -Afternoons are asynchronous and offer in-person learning opportunities
- Personalized learning with a flexible approach; AP, Honors, Credit Recovery courses. WASC, COGNIA Accredited.
- Highly Qualified California Credentialed Teachers; A-G, NCAA, and College Board Approved Curriculum.
- We are a supportive and inclusive school community, offering meetups, clubs, daily live lessons, and events!
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
How to Enroll in California Online School
With K12-powered online schools in California, students receive an education tailored to their needs and interests, empowering them to set and achieve their goals now and in the future. If you have questions before getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out.
*Families do not pay tuition for their students to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies, like printer ink and paper, are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technology and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.
1Fleming, N. (2020, April 25). Why are some kids thriving during remote learning? Edutopia. Retrieved August 3, 2022, from https://www.edutopia.org/article/why-are-some-kids-thriving-during-remote-learning