Unlock the power of a personalized program.
When your child needs a middle school program that’s different from what’s offered in a traditional brick-and-mortar setting, consider online middle school in Utah powered by K12. Middle school is an important time to spark a student’s love of learning. Students enrolled in a K12 online middle school in Utah experience a personalized academic plan that targets their strengths and weaknesses. Explore the K12-powered tuition-free* online middle school in Utah and learn more about how online learning can work for your family.
How do I know if Utah online middle school is a good fit for my student?
K12-powered online middle school in Utah offers engaging, interactive courses designed to help students find what interests them, prepare for standardized tests, and set a path for success in high school. Grades 6–8 are critical years for students to address gaps in learning, master challenging concepts, prepare for high school, and form lasting friendships.
Students enrolled in the K12-powered online middle school in Utah experience quality curriculum and a personalized approach to learning. Utah-licensed teachers work with enrolled families to tailor instruction to student needs based on strengths, gaps, and interests. The goal remains the same—helping your student thrive!
While students focus on learning, a parent or another responsible adult plays an active role as the student’s Learning Coach. The Learning Coach provides motivation, academic support, and guidance throughout the school year. The daily type of engagement and time commitment of a Learning Coach can vary depending on your child’s grade level. As students advance through middle school, they begin to take more responsibility for their learning and prepare to transition to high school.
Setting a Path for Success
K12-powered online middle school in Utah combines tried-and-true educational approaches with online instruction best practices. Students enrolled in K12-powered online middle school in Utah follow a traditional school calendar and attend scheduled, live online classes. Engaging, interactive curriculum is reinforced with online and offline assignments that students complete independently or in small groups.
In middle school, students will work to solidify fundamentals and prepare for the advanced curriculum of high school. K12-powered Utah online middle school offers courses in English, math, science, history, world languages, art, and music.
In addition to required courses, students can choose from a variety of electives.** Interactive live online lessons combined with online assessments are designed to help each student thrive. Take a look at a sample online lesson to see what K12-powered Utah online middle school online lessons are like.
What social opportunities will my middle school student have?
Enrolled students have access to a variety of age-appropriate virtual and in-person clubs, field trips, and events.§ Middle school is an important time for students to develop friendships, connect with peers, and enhance social skills. While students are often busy with sports, church, and activities in their local communities, they socialize with each other through online clubs and virtual and in-person field trips. There are also science fairs, spelling bees, talent shows, game nights, spring dances, and more.§ Learn more about the extracurricular activities available to your student.
Schools Available for Utah Students
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with academic mastery and project-based learning designed to give your future a competitive edge.
- Explore the possibilities with career courses beginning in middle school.
- Jump-start your future with career pathways in high-growth fields.
- Prepare for industry-recognized certification exams.
Reach your full potential with a school dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through an education experience tailored to their needs.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of career and college prep, honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future by earning college credits and career certifications while still in high school.
Get the best of both worlds. Stay with your friends at your current school while taking specific online courses with part-time enrollment for 7–12th graders through the Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP).
- Jump-start your future with industry certifications and career prep courses.
- Earn high school credit while in 7–8th grade.
- Accelerate your learning with multiple academic levels for diverse learners: core, comprehensive, honors, and AP®.
- A certified Alpine Online Teacher to support families in a full schedule of core classes and electives with complete materials for the school year
- Access to curriculum outside of grade level – online writing class for grades 4-8, online math support for grades 6-8, live hand-on science labs for grades 5-8
- Monthly field trips and activities, participation in state testing
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
** Courses vary by school. Please check with your school.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.