Uncover Your Student's Potential with K12-Powered Learning
Imagine what an individualized education experience could do for your high school student. At Maine's tuition-free* online high school powered by K12, each student's education is personalized to their strengths, weaknesses, and goals—unlike the traditional, one-size-fits-all approach to learning. This means your student will have a better chance of uncovering their academic potential and making the most of their high school education.
What kinds of students attend the K12-powered virtual high school in Maine?
Maine's online high school powered by K12 meets the needs of all kinds of students, including:
- High schoolers who want a head start in earning college credits
- Advanced learners who need challenge and a faster pace
- Career-minded students looking to learn IT job skills
- Artistic or athletic students who need some flexibility to pursue their dreams
- Students with medical conditions that make attending traditional public school difficult
- Motivated students who require an environment with more support and less distraction
How does learning at the K12-powered online high school in Maine work?
Students in Maine's virtual high school powered by K12 take online classes in real time with state-certified teachers. They do daily coursework and participate in class projects through the online school platform, where they also communicate with teachers and interact with peers. Their Learning Coach, a parent or other responsible adult, helps 1 to 2 hours per day making sure they stay on their learning schedule, recording attendance, and communicating with teachers when necessary. Students also have opportunities away from the computer to make meaningful connections with friends through in-person field trips, social events, and extracurricular activities.
Quality Curriculum that's Accessible Wherever Your Student Goes
Maine's online high school powered by K12 offers quality online curriculum that's designed to prepare your student for a bright future and that's easily accessible wherever there's an internet connection. A robust catalog of courses gives students a variety of options to reach their goals, including core courses in multiple levels and a broad selection of electives such as art, music, and world languages.
Your K12-Powered Online High School Option in Maine
Families like yours have discovered the benefits of Maine's virtual high school powered by K12. Your online school option is:
Maine Virtual Academy | Grades 7-12
Maine Virtual Academy brings learning alive for students with a personalized program of engaging courses, caring teachers, and a vibrant school community.
- Individualized Learning Plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Maine-certified teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum enriches and inspires.
- Honors and AP® courses are available for students who desire higher level studies.
- An Instructional Service Team teaches IT classes.
- A dedicated school support system helps students grow academically and personally.
- Field trips, open house gatherings, social events, and clubs let students connect.
Ballard Center, Suite 230, 6 East Chestnut Street| Augusta, ME 04330
Visit the school site.
It's About Your Student's Potential
The right teacher support, curriculum, and learning environment could be just what your student needs to uncover their potential. Learn more about the tuition-free,* K12-powered online high school in Maine, or if you're ready, you can start your enrollment application now.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.