Online Kindergarten for Arkansas Students
Beginnings are so important. Providing the right kind of teachers, curriculum, and education environment aren't just a nice way for your child to start school—they're crucial to building a student's foundation as a lifelong learner. That's why the K12-powered online learning program offers Arkansas kindergarteners instruction from state-licensed teachers and quality curriculum from the comfort and safety of home.
Here's How It Works
Kindergarteners in Arkansas can access K12's program benefits through a tuition-free* K12-powered online school. Arkansas' online school powered by K12 offers a personalized learning program that includes an Individualized Learning Plan for each student created by state-licensed teachers. This plan acts as an academic road map for the school year. Students attend teacher-led online classes through the online school platform, which is also where they work on their daily coursework using K12's interactive curriculum. The student's Learning Coach, a parent or other responsible adult, provides 3 to 6 hours of daily support for their kindergarten student. And because friendships are important at any age, the K12-powered school schedules field trips and in-person events to bring together students, parents, and teachers.
Making the Most of Your Child's Natural Strengths
The curriculum for kindergarten at Arkansas' K12-powered online school taps into the natural interests of young learners and makes the most of their eagerness to learn. Students learn core subjects as well as art and music. In addition to the online lessons, hands-on activities using education materials† such as printed books, math manipulatives, and more provide learning opportunities away from the computer.
Using fun graphics, learning tools, and games, K12's engaging courses help Arkansas' kindergarteners learn key concepts in core subjects such as:
- Math: Students learn how to count from one to 30, identify and sort patterns, and begin to solve problems using addition and subtraction.
- Science: Students learn about the five senses, Earth's composition, and the basic needs of plants and animals.
- Language Arts: Students focus on phonics and read-aloud literature and learn how to print letters.
- History: Students learn the basics of world geography and the seven continents.
Your K12-Powered Online School Option
Families in Arkansas have a great K12-powered online school option where learning comes alive for the youngest students and on up to high school:
Arkansas Virtual Academy offers students in grades K–12 a personalized education experience that awakens the power of learning and helps them reach their potential.
- Personalized academic plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Arkansas-licensed teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Engaging, highly interactive curriculum enriches and inspires.
- Destinations Career Academy helps students in grades 9–12 get ahead with courses in Agriculture, Business and Marketing Technology, Information Technology, and Visual Arts.
- Field trips, extracurricular activities, community service opportunities, and clubs help students connect.
- Parents receive support through programs and workshops.
1400 West Markham Street, Suite 206 | Little Rock, AR 72201
Kindergarten in Arkansas: A New Way to Start Strong
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
†Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
††Not all courses on the K12 course list are offered by all schools. If you have a question about a particular course, please check with your school.