The K12 Approach to Online School in Maryland
Discover what your child can accomplish when they’re given the best of both worlds: a powerful, structured, curriculum combined with a flexible environment tailored to their unique needs. K12-powered online schools in Maryland provide an interactive and empowering educational experience that can be personalized to fit your lifestyle and your child’s individual learning style.
Maryland Online School Vs. Traditional Public Schools
Much like traditional school, an online school in Maryland will provide a structured schedule and live classes. Unique to online schools, however, is that you will be able to tailor the environment to best suit your student’s learning style and needs. This means they can attend class from anywhere there’s an internet connection.
Assignments will take place both on and offline, and students have many opportunities for peer engagement through extracurricular activities and social clubs. The K12 curriculum will help prepare students for the world ahead through engaging lessons with just the right amount of flexibility.
The Power of Personalized Learning
K12 knows that every student is unique and learns best in an environment tailored to their needs. That’s why parents and students encounter a classroom and schedule that they can personalize to suit their lives, wherever they are. The accessible interface gives parents access to the schedule, so they can make adjustments that work best for their child and lifestyle. This also means that students can spend more time with any challenging topics they might encounter.
Parents of students enrolled in K12-powered Maryland online school will take on the role of “Learning Coach.” This is an important position that facilitates the learning process and helps ensure success.
Elementary school parents spend an average of 4–6 hours per day supporting their students, while middle school and high school parents can expect to spend between 1–3 hours a day involved with their child’s education. The unique online learning experience grants parents the opportunity to monitor student progress and intervene with added support when necessary.
A Day in the Life of an Online Student
Discover what it’s really like to be enrolled in a K12-powered online school in Maryland. Select your child’s grade level below to see what a typical “day in the life” looks like.
Being an online student means Zachary can structure his day the way he will be the most productive.
Learn More >
Every morning, Elayna eats breakfast with her brothers and spends time playing with her dogs before starting school.
Learn More >
Schools Available to Maryland Students
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer needs.