Help Your High School Student Find Their Path
Not every student is alike. That's why K12-powered online high schools in Washington offer a personalized learning program that helps students discover who they are and explore what they want to do.
Virtual high schools in Washington powered by K12 are designed to meet the needs and interests of students with different kinds of learning styles. Whether they want to get a jumpstart earning college credit while in high school or would like more academic and personal support, K12-powered online high schools in Washington have programs in place to meet those needs. And like any high school experience, social opportunities are important. Washington virtual high schools powered by K12 offer online and in-person activities where students can build friendships and feel part of something bigger than themselves. Plus, after meeting state requirements, qualified students graduate with a high school diploma recognized by colleges and employers nationwide.
How do K12-powered online high schools in Washington work?
Students who attend a Washington online high school powered by K12 take online classes in real time with state-certified teachers. They do coursework and participate in class projects through the online school platform, communicate with their teachers, and interact with peers. The Learning Coach, a parent or other responsible adult, takes a few hours each day to help the student stay on track with their learning schedule, record attendance, and communicate with teachers when necessary.
What is the curriculum like?
Washington virtual high schools powered by K12 offer core academics—math, English, science, and history—in multiple levels. World languages, art, and music are also available as well as a broad selection of electives, including career-focused courses that can introduce your student to a possible future career. The highly interactive lessons include learning games and videos that engage and challenge young minds.
View sample lessons of K12's high school courses.
What K12-powered online high schools are available in Washington?
Washington families have a choice of two excellent online school options that offer personalized learning to high school students with different needs and interests:
Washington Virtual Academies | Grades K–12
Washington Virtual Academies, a program of Omak School District, brings learning alive for every student with a personalized program of engaging courses, caring teachers, and a vibrant school community.
- Individualized Learning Plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Washington-certified teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Rigorous, highly interactive curriculum enriches and inspires.
- Eligible 11th and 12th graders can earn college credits on select courses through Running Start.
- High school students can explore possible careers or college majors through career-focused electives.
- Students can connect through online clubs, in-person outings, and social activities.
Insight School of Washington | Grades 9–12
Insight School of Washington, an online program of Quillayute Valley School District, offers a high level of personalized academic, social, and emotional support to help high school students not only catch up but excel and reach for their dreams.
- Students can catch up with credit recovery courses.
- A Homeroom Advisory Program helps students stay on track.
- The Family Academic Support Team helps students gain confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Academic Intervention Managers encourage students to develop time-management and organizational skills.
- Star 360® Growth Assessments aid in the mastery of core subjects such as math and reading.
Watch Your Student Get Excited About Learning
A K12-powered virtual high school in Washington could be the right fit for your student. Learn more about tuition-free* online schools powered by K12.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.