Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is now open!
Utah Online Schooling is Flexible and Personalized
Your student has unique strengths and interests. If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional school that allows you to take an active role in your child’s education, learn more about K12-powered online schools in Utah. Students of all grade levels experience a personalized academic plan that targets their strengths and weaknesses, helping them build competencies in core subject areas. Explore the benefits of tuition-free* online schools in Utah designed to help students reach their full potential.
The Difference Between K12 Online Schools in Utah and Traditional Schools
Like a brick-and-mortar public school, online school in Utah powered by K12 is full-time, tuition-free,* and follows a traditional academic calendar. Your student will study the same core academic subjects as their peers, receive instruction from Utah-licensed teachers, and graduate with a diploma recognized by colleges and employers around the country. Teachers, counselors, and school staff are on hand to offer help. A key difference is the personalized education experience a K12-powered online school in Utah can provide.
How does online school in Utah work?
Students enrolled in online school in Utah experience engaging courses, caring teachers, and a vibrant school community. At every grade level, a student’s educational journey begins with Utah-licensed teachers working with families to build a personalized academic plan that targets each student’s strengths, weaknesses, and interests.
Students attend scheduled, live online classes and complete offline assignments and projects. The engaging online curriculum covers core subjects—math, English, history, and science—as well as art, music, and world languages.
The Learning Coach, a parent or other responsible adult, guides students through their daily lessons and ensures students are on track with assignments and coursework. In this role, you’ll provide motivation, academic support, and guidance throughout the school year.
Online curriculum is mastery based and includes hands-on learning opportunities away from the computer.
As a student advances, they begin to monitor their own learning schedule. The curriculum includes online lessons and various levels of hands-on learning depending on the grade level and course.
As more independent learners, high school students communicate with teachers and begin focusing on postsecondary goals with support from counselors. The online curriculum includes various levels of core courses and a broad selection of electives.
The Right Academic Roadmap for Your Student
Your student’s learning experience at a K12-powered online school in Utah is designed to help them discover the ways they learn best and fulfill their potential. Core components of the program include:
Utah-licensed teachers who tailor teaching to students’ needs
A rigorous, interactive curriculum that enriches and inspires
Field trips, extracurricular activities, and online clubs
Schools Available for Utah Students
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with academic mastery and project-based learning designed to give your future a competitive edge.
- Explore the possibilities with career courses beginning in middle school.
- Jump-start your future with career pathways in high-growth fields.
- Prepare for industry-recognized certification exams.
Reach your full potential with a school dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through an education experience tailored to their needs.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of career and college prep, honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future by earning college credits and career certifications while still in high school.
Get the best of both worlds. Stay with your friends at your current school while taking specific online courses with part-time enrollment for 7–12th graders through the Statewide Online Education Program (SOEP).
- Jump-start your future with industry certifications and career prep courses.
- Earn high school credit while in 7–8th grade.
- Accelerate your learning with multiple academic levels for diverse learners: core, comprehensive, honors, and AP®.
- A certified Alpine Online Teacher to support families in a full schedule of core classes and electives with complete materials for the school year
- Access to curriculum outside of grade level – online writing class for grades 4-8, online math support for grades 6-8, live hand-on science labs for grades 5-8
- Monthly field trips and activities, participation in state testing
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs. Educational materials vary by school and course.