K12-Powered Online High Schools in Ohio
Your high school student has unique strengths and interests. If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional school that supports your student’s goals for high school and beyond, consider K12-powered Ohio online high schools. Students of all grade levels experience a personalized academic plan that targets their strengths and weaknesses, helping them build competencies in core subject areas. Explore the benefits of tuition-free* online high schools in Ohio designed to inspire, engage, and prepare your high school student for the future.
Ohio’s Online High Schools are Personalized
K12-powered online high school in Ohio starts with certified teachers working with families to tailor instruction to student needs. This personalized approach to learning helps ensure your student achieves their goals for high school and beyond. Students attend scheduled, live online classes and complete offline assignments and projects. The number and frequency of teacher-led online classes varies depending on the student and the courses they are taking. For families who are looking for an alternative to traditional school, Ohio online high schools powered by K12 allow students to learn from the comfort of home, or on the go, wherever there’s an internet connection.
There are some similarities between traditional high school and online high school in Ohio. K12-powered virtual high school is full time, tuition-free*, and follows a traditional academic calendar. Your student will study the same core academic subjects as their peers, receive instruction from Ohio-certified teachers, and are expected to complete state assessments. A key difference is the personalized education experience K12-powered online high schools in Ohio can provide.
High school students take on a lot of the responsibility for their learning, but they also rely on the support of their Learning Coach and teachers when needed. A Learning Coach—usually a parent, guardian, or other trusted adult—monitors progress and is an important resource for their student.
Explore the K12 resources available for both students and parents to help families succeed with online learning.
The Right Academic Roadmap for Your Student
Students enrolled in a K12-powered online high school in Ohio learn from subject-specific teachers and are required to stay on pace with their class cohorts. Teachers may hold optional online “office hours” for students requiring extra help. Students can take courses at a variety of levels, including honors, AP®, and credit recovery. College and career programs allow high school students to explore and build skills in growing industries including information technology, business, healthcare, and others. Students are connected to industry professionals and participate in work-based learning experiences like internships. Students can also prepare to take industry certification exams after graduation.
Learn more about online high school courses that support your teen’s future at K12-powered Ohio online high schools.
Will my online high school student have opportunities to socialize?
Extracurricular activities are critical for high school students, providing the opportunity to foster real connections between students and their peers. Students enrolled in Ohio online high school powered by K12 will have opportunities to engage with peers from across the nation. Students can socialize with each other through online clubs and field trips—from virtual to real world—to places like local theme parks and museums.
Schools Available for Ohio Students
Reach your full potential with personalized learning and an education experience tailored to your needs. As an Ohio Purple Heart and ASCA Program (RAMP) designated school, we are an excellent option for military families.
- Access our comprehensive suite of career and college prep, honors, and AP® courses.
- Jump-start college by earning credits in high school with the College Credit Plus Flex credit program.
- Stay on track and chart your course to graduation with our robust credit recovery courses.
If you've struggled with school, we can help. We are dedicated to inspiring and empowering students in grades 9–12, aged 16–21, by helping them recover credits and overcome obstacles, so they can successfully complete high school and prepare for careers and college. It has received the highest performance rating from the Ohio Department of Education.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
- Jump-start your future with College Credit Plus and the option to earn an OhioMeansJobs-Readiness Seal.
- Achieve success with our state-approved program for students aged 22+ to earn a high school diploma.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.