Enrollment for the 2023–2024 school year is open!
Online public school in New Mexico gives students individually-tailored education
- The ability to fully focus on learning without distractions or bullying
- The excitement of an engaging online and offline curriculum**
- Instruction from state-licensed teachers
- The support of a Learning Coach (usually a parent)
- The ability to learn from home or wherever there’s internet access
This means online school in New Mexico powered by K12 may be what you’re looking for if you want your child to experience something different from a one-size-fits-all education.
K12 Online Schools in New Mexico Vs. Traditional Schooling
K12-powered online school in New Mexico has much in common with traditional schooling. Students attend virtual classes, do coursework, and interact with teachers and peers through the Online School platform. K12’s engaging, highly interactive online curriculum challenges students to discover their passions and make the most of their potential. This high-quality curriculum offers a combination of traditional core subjects such as math, English/language arts, history, and science, with electives that enrich and inspire. Additionally, students have opportunities to interact socially through field trips, clubs, and other extracurricular activities.
Students’ learning experiences in K12-powered online schools in New Mexico vary according to grade range:
- Grades K–5: The curriculum’s mastery-based online lessons include hands-on learning away from the computer. The Learning Coach commitment is about 4 to 6 hours per day working with your student on lessons.
- Grades 6–8: Studentsuse a combination of online and hands-on learning materials.The Learning Coach, a parent or other responsible adult, works with their student about 1 to 3 hours per day monitoring their progress, logging daily attendance, and communicating with teachers.
- Grades 9–12: Online classes are led by subject-specific teachers, and college and career-planning counselors offer support, helping students set goals. The Learning Coach spends about 1 to 3 hours per day overseeing their student’s progress and logging attendance.
Schools Available for New Mexico Students
Discover your future and get a head start on your career and college goals with a flexible, tailored program linked to career readiness and exploration.
- Get a jump-start on your future with pathways in high-demand IT and health and human services career fields.
- Access personalized career coaching, access to industry experts, and preparation for industry certification exams.
- Tuition-free, online public charter school with New Mexico-licensed K-12 teachers
- Full-time, innovative, online school with flexible pacing from the safety of your own home
- Books and materials shipped directly with virtual parent resources to start your child off strong
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided.
Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.