Your Child Can Thrive
You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it too. Chicago Virtual Charter School (CVCS) and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping Chicago students in grades K–12 reach their true, personal potential.
Looking for an exceptional, tuition-free education option for your child? The Chicago Virtual Charter School and K¹² give Chicago kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. CVCS offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option
- Support from state-certified teachers
- Students may earn college credit while in high school
- Compelling, high-interest courses that introduce a variety of possible careers
- An active, supportive school community
- A unique blend of traditional brick-and-mortar schooling and online learning
- A range of extracurricular activities
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- Books, materials, and loaner computer system
- Students graduate with a high school diploma that meets all state requirements.
CVCS Receives Accreditation
AdvancED, and organization dedicated to advancing excellence in education worldwide, has recently approved Chicago Virtual Charter School as meeting its standards for quality schools. Learn more.
CVCS: Part of a Growing Trend
Chicago Virtual Charter School’s growing popularity offers insight into America's growing embrace of alternative education. Read about it.
CVCS Named a Top School in Chicago
Chicago Magazine's list of best high schools includes Chicago Virtual Charter School, Chicago's first public online charter school. Read more.
CVCS Gives Students a Chance to Succeed
Chicago Virtual Charter School provides essential support to students and parents using the mastery based curriculum provided by K¹². Read the full article.
Charter Renewed through 2016!
Chicago Public Schools has renewed Chicago Virtual Charter Schools charter for another five years, ending June 30, 2016.