How Online Learning Works
Students participating in the K12 program receive a high-quality, personalized education experience online. In online schooling serving grades K–12, the classroom is in the home or on the road, wherever an internet connection is available.
Full-time students' days include a combination of:
- Online lessons, interactive activities, and virtual classroom sessions in the Online School (OLS)
- Independent activities not on the computer using K12-provided materials, including textbooks and workbooks*
- Interaction with teachers and classmates online or by phone
- Guidance from their Learning Coach to ensure they are making progress during the day
- Planned student activities and parent support as needed
Students are expected to complete schoolwork each day and attend virtual classroom sessions as scheduled by their teachers.
Using engaging videos, images, and timelines, you can see what online learning looks like on an average day in the lives of three very different students.
You'll meet a 5th grader, 7th grader, 11th grader—and their parents—and actually see what makes tuition-free online schooling with K12 stand out from the rest.
* Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultant can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.