Online learning with K¹² can help homebound students make progress.
There are a variety of reasons why students may be unable to physically attend school. Some work nearly full time. Others may be medically homebound for an extended period. Regardless of the reason, homebound students need an extra measure of academic flexibility.
A K¹² Online Education Can Help Virtually Anyone Stay on Track
The K¹² curriculum has been highly praised by educators and parents alike for its ability to support self-paced, individualized learning. The K¹² curriculum allows students with physical restrictions or other commitments—whether temporary or permanent—to continue to make academic progress, either as part of the school system in many states, or through direct purchase of courses from us.
Serving Homebound Children So They Can Succeed and Thrive
Our patented, award-winning mothodology for online schooling combines dynamic, online lessons with a rich array of offline materials—books and resources—to make learning come alive.
- K¹² is the nation's leading online learning provider for grades K through 12.
- The K¹² program is available tuition-free in many states and in D.C.
- It is also available both full- and part-time through the private, accredited K¹² International Academy, or by direct purchase of individual or bundled courses.
- All of our courses are available with full teacher support, and our K-8 courses are also available for independent study (by direct purchase only).
- Our K-8 curriculum is mastery based, enabling students to progress at their own pace.
- High school students can choose from more than 105 teacher-guided courses—including honors and AP, as well as electives.
- We offer multiple levels of world language courses in up to five languages for grades 3 through 12.
- Our courses meet or exceed state standards.
- Homebound over the summer? Be sure to review our options for summer learning.