Your Child Can Thrive
You know your kids have something special inside of them. We know it, too. Hoosier Academies, a public charter school authorized by Ball State University, makes learning fresh and exciting for children just like yours. Offering a blend of online learning and face-to-face instruction, Hoosier Academies gives you and your family choice and flexibility in your child's education. We offer two statewide options for Indiana families:
- Hoosier Academies Indianapolis (serving K–12; enrolling K–11)—a blended learning school
- Hoosier Academies Virtual School (serving K–12; enrolling K–11)—a fully online school
Together, we're helping Indiana students reach their true and highest potential.
Why Hoosier Academies?
In partnership with K¹², Hoosier Academies gives Indiana kids the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. Hoosier Academies offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- A full-time, tuition-free online public school option
- AdvancED-accredited program offering all Indiana Diploma tracks
- Support from Indiana-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community with student clubs and outings and a Parent and Administration Committee (PAC)
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- Flexible scheduling to meet your student’s needs
- Blended learning and fully virtual programs available
- Remedial programs and special services available
- Academic enrichment opportunities through Science Fairs, Poetry Contests and many others
Hoosier Holds First National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
Hoosier Academies inducted 79 students into the National Honor Society and the National Junior Honor Society in a special ceremony on December 17. Read more.
Indiana's Teacher of the Year Accepts New Challenge as Head of Statewide Charter School
The new head of school, Dr. Byron Ernest says, “Hoosier Academies has incredible potential to help students from all backgrounds succeed, and I'm ready to be a part of that growth.” Read more.
Hoosier Students Win Expo Competition
Five Hoosier Academies students won the Purdue University Engineering Expo competition in West Lafayette. “I enjoy the fact that in K¹² online schooling you do the work on your own time,” said one of the winning students. Read More.
Tri-State Student Graduates From Online High School
Samantha Anderson receives her diploma and says she enjoyed Hoosier Academies. Read more.
Learn about statewide virtual public school options available to you by attending one of our in-person events this month!
Learn more about our program without leaving your home!
All families applying to Hoosier Virtual must attend one of these online orientations as part of the enrollment process.