Is Online Learning Right for Your Family?
Take this 10-minute interactive tutorial: get helpful answers, plus a summary report you can save.
Find out if online learning will work for your family!
K¹² Program Guide
Your Child Can Thrive
You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it too. Ohio Virtual Academy (OHVA) and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping students in grades K–12 reach their true, personal potential.
The Ohio Virtual Academy and K¹² give Ohio kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. OHVA offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option for OH students statewide
- Accreditation by AdvancED and NCA CASI
- Support from highly-qualified Ohio-licensed teachers
- Students may earn college credit while in high school
- Compelling, high-interest courses that introduce a variety of possible careers
- An individualized learning plan created for each student
- An active, supportive school community an national support through K¹²
- Robust opportunities for the advanced learner
- Books, materials, and loaner computer system
- Subjects no longer offered in many programs: art, music, and world languages (grades 3–12)
- Academic enrichment opportunities like spelling and geography bees, science fairs
- More than 130 high school courses including AP and electives
- Students graduate with a high school diploma and are eligible for Ohio's Honors Diploma and/or Award of Merit.
OHVA Students Plan for College
This article in Today’s Family Magazine highlights the benefits that online schooling offers students who want to “plan beyond high school.” One student explains, “With the virtual school I was able to take more challenging classes on my own time.” Read more
Students Find Refuge from Bullying at OHVA
The News-Herald reports on one family who chose OHVA’s online school because of the bullying problem at the local school. Now they enjoy receiving individualized learning plans and more family time. Read more
OHVA Online Education Is Popular in Ohio
WCPO Cincinnati highlights Ohio Virtual Academy’s 12th anniversary and recent growth to more than 12,000 students in this recent article. Read it here.
OHVA Student's Play Comes to the Stage
Arras Ann Patterson's play, "Henry," was chosen to be performed by Hancock County's Youtheatre Group. Read more.
Young gymnast with big goals first has her mind set on gold
OHVA student and gymnast Marissa Saunders makes big plans for college and a gymnastics career. Read more.