Is Online Learning Right for Your Family?
Take this 10-minute interactive tutorial: get helpful answers, plus a summary report you can save.
Find out if online learning will work for your family!
K¹² Program Guide
Your Child Can Thrive
You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it too. Ohio Virtual Academy (OHVA) and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping students in grades K–12 reach their true, personal potential.
The Ohio Virtual Academy and K¹² give Ohio kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. OHVA offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option for OH students statewide
- Accreditation by AdvancED and NCA CASI
- Support from highly-qualified Ohio-licensed teachers
- Students may earn college credit while in high school
- Compelling, high-interest courses that introduce a variety of possible careers
- An individualized learning plan created for each student
- An active, supportive school community an national support through K¹²
- Robust opportunities for the advanced learner
- Books, materials, and loaner computer system
- Subjects no longer offered in many programs: art, music, and world languages (grades 3–12)
- Academic enrichment opportunities like spelling and geography bees, science fairs
- More than 130 high school courses including AP and electives
- Students graduate with a high school diploma and are eligible for Ohio's Honors Diploma and/or Award of Merit.
OHVA Class of 2014 Offered more than $1.65 Million in College Scholarships
Students from the OHVA Class of 2014 have chosen to take their studies to the next level, including post-secondary colleges, advanced training and the military. The graduating class has amassed an impressive total of more than $1.65 million in college scholarship money offered. Read more.
OHVA Student's Play Comes to the Stage
Arras Ann Patterson's play, "Henry," was chosen to be performed by Hancock County's Youtheatre Group. Read more.
Young gymnast with big goals first has her mind set on gold
OHVA student and gymnast Marissa Saunders makes big plans for college and a gymnastics career. Read more.
OHVA Students Celebrate National School Choice Week
OHVA kicked off the week of events with an online rally on January 27 to celebrate being a “school of choice.”
Student Thriving at Ohio Virtual Academy
After Shannon B's daughter, Rachel, was bullied, Shannon decided to enroll her in the K¹² Ohio Virtual Academy online school. Read more.
Whether you're interested in learning more about our program or are already enrolled, these events will have something for everyone. Just bring your questions and we’ll provide the fun!
Get help submitting enrollment documentation at a Fast Track Enrollment & Information Event in your area—or just come by and learn more about OHVA. Attend one of these informative evening events near you!
Join us to learn more about our virtual public school and award-winning curriculum, as well as to get answers to all your questions about online schooling.
Learn more about our program without leaving your home!