Music Showcase Winners
California Virtual Academies congratulates three CAVA winners of the 2014 Music Showcase! Enjoy these winning videos:
Netanel Z., 4th Grade Winner
singing the Hebrew words of Jacob’s blessing to "Brahms’ Lullaby."
Alexis C., 5th Grade Winner
performing "Lovin' You."
Joei F. and family, 12th Grade Winner
performing "The Love You Save"
Video Profile: CAVA
Students, parents and teachers tell how California Virtual Academies are changing their lives. Watch the Video.
Is Online Learning Right for Your Family?
Take this 10-minute interactive tutorial: get helpful answers, plus a summary report you can save.
Find out if online learning will work for your family!
K¹² Program Guide
Your Child Can Thrive
You know that your kids have something special inside them. We know it, too. The California Virtual Academies and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping California students in grades K-12 reach their true, personal potential.
The California Virtual Academies and K¹² give California kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn at the pace and in ways that are right for them. CAVA offers:
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option
- Community Day–a unique program that provides online instruction and face-to-face interaction between CAVA teachers, parents and students
- Face-to-face meetings with California-credentialed teachers
- An active, supportive school community
- A range of extracurricular activities
- A robust Advanced Learner Program
- A program accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Subjects that are no longer offered in many programs: art, music, and world languages
- Students graduate with a high school diploma from a WASC-accredited program that meets all state requirements
- Learn more about California Virtual Acadamies.
Long Beach Area Parents Choose Cyberschooling for their Kids
Families choose to enroll their children in online schools for a variety of reasons. Meet two CAVA families and learn why they made this choice.
Cambria Student's Video about his "Virtual" School Earns White House Honor
Carlos Plummer, 13, of Cambria, produced his short film titled "Technology ... It IS My School!" and earned an honorable mention in the inaugural White House Film festival.
High School Graduations
Some of this year's CAVA graduates met classmates and instructors for the first time after having taken every class since first grade entirely online.
- For important academic dates view our CAVA school calendar.
Learn about statewide virtual public school options available to you by attending one of our in-person events this month!
Attend an online event this month from the convenience of your own home. These events offer a glimpse at virtual public school in a unique setting.
Join us and experience what it's like to be a part of our school community!