Give your student the gift of self-exploration.
Imagine where your student can go with a curriculum that meets their needs, interests, and ability. K12-powered tuition-free* online middle schools in Washington give students the freedom to learn in the way that works for them—wherever they have internet access. Students explore new ideas, develop interests, face new challenges, and prepare for the world ahead of them.
How do I know if an online middle school in Washington is a good fit for my student?
Grades 6–8 are critical years for students to address gaps in learning, master challenging concepts, prepare for high school, and form lasting friendships. K12-powered online middle schools in Washington use quality curriculum and a personalized approach to learning, letting students explore topics that interest them, spend more time addressing education gaps, and expand their perspectives in new and interesting ways.
Washington online middle schools combine the best of both worlds. The resources and support found in traditional schools meet the flexibility of online schools while teaching students to increasingly take on more responsibility for their learning—a trait they need to be properly prepared for the rigors of high school.
Washington-certified teachers lead live, scheduled online classes, and students complete assignments independently, in small groups, or with the help of their Learning Coach—a parent or another responsible adult who provides support, motivation, and guidance.
Explore the resources available to Learning Coaches and students, and learn how online middle school in Washington can work for your family.
How will online middle schools in Washington help my student thrive?
Live sessions, interactive lessons, small group activities, and both online and offline assignments encourage students to engage with subject material in different ways until they’ve mastered it. Skill-level assessments advance students as they complete each unit, letting them take more time if necessary.
Get an idea of what a K12-powered education looks like by exploring sample online lessons.
Are there opportunities for online middle school students to socialize?
Middle school is where social skills are sharpened and developed. The K12-powered online middle schools in Washington provide students with the opportunity to develop friendships and social skills in and out of a class setting. Social excursions, virtual and in-person field trips, and teacher-supervised clubs allow meaningful connections to be made with their wider peer community. Explore what activities are available to you and your student.**
Schools Available for Washington Students
Reach your full potential with a school dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through a flexible experience tailored to meet their needs, with special strengths in helping those struggling in their education.
- Jump-start your future by earning college credits and industry certifications while still in high school.
- Get set for success with career exploration and job shadowing in grades K–8 and career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Earn your diploma with support from our Graduation Alliance Program.
Thrive in school with innovative methods, unparalleled teacher training, and comprehensive family support from the Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) program of Omak School District.
- Earn your diploma with our 87% graduation rate—higher than the state average.
- Get in the game with our award-winning e-sports team.
- Get ahead by earning high school credits in high school, and college credits/industry certifications in high school.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.