Spark an early love of learning.
Build a strong academic and social foundation during your child’s formative years with the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C. Your elementary student will experience a personalized learning environment with an interactive curriculum, licensed teachers, and social opportunities. Explore the tuition-free* online elementary school in Washington, D.C. and learn more about online learning.
How does the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C. work?
There are many advantages of a K12-powered school. Families experience an added level of convenience because learning can happen anywhere there’s an internet connection. Many families also appreciate the hands-on involvement in their student’s daily learning at the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C. Your elementary student will be immersed in a personalized education experience based on their individual needs. Students attend scheduled, live online classes led by licensed teachers. The curriculum includes engaging online lessons and hands-on learning activities away from the screen. Students complete daily coursework aligned with their curriculum and ability.
Roles & Approaches
While students focus on expanding their horizons, a parent or another responsible adult plays the role of Learning Coach. In this role, you’ll provide motivation, academic support, and guidance throughout the school year. The Learning Coach ensures students are on track with assignments and coursework and communicates with teachers as needed.
Explore the K12 resources available for both students and parents to help families succeed with online learning.
Learning happens on and off the computer.
While the main instruction takes place virtually, students enrolled in the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C., will complete supplemental activities, such as art projects and science experiments. Enrolled students receive boxes of materials that complement online learning.** These supplemental activities allow students to master lesson objectives and spend time away from the computer screen.
View sample online lessons to get an idea of what lessons look like at the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C.
Exciting Social Opportunities
There are numerous ways for elementary students to connect with their peers and develop friendships at the K12-powered online elementary school in Washington, D.C. Students can participate in in-person field trips or events, or supervised online student clubs. These opportunities help students form friendships around a shared interest and build their social confidence during formative years.†
Schools Available for Washington, D.C. Students
Reach your full potential with a high-quality, virtual public charter school dedicated to providing an innovative educational environment for students in grades K–8.
- Be part of D.C.'s only virtual charter school.
- Accelerate your learning with advancement for gifted students
- Jump-start your career with exploration courses for grades 6–8.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school; please check with your school about offline course materials.
†Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.