Online 3rd Grade
Personalized Third Grade Education Experience
Elementary school is a formative time in your child's education—a period that establishes critical thinking, problem-solving, and time-management skills that help lay a foundation for academic success.
Each child grows at a different pace, however, and the traditional learning model often doesn't address this critical issue. At K12, we believe it is of the utmost importance to provide children with an environment where they can truly succeed.
K12-powered online third grade programs offer your child an individually tailored education on a schedule that works for you and your family.
How Online Third Grade Works
K12-powered online third grade programs give your child a balanced, quality education that fits your family's schedule. Hands-on learning materials and engaging online lessons create a learning experience tailored to each individual child's needs.
K–5 curriculum is mastery-based, which means your child can work at a pace best suited for their learning process. A Learning Coach, usually a parent or guardian, will guide your child through their lessons and work closely with the online third grade teachers to monitor student progress.
What kinds of online third grade programs are available?
Online schooling can offer you and your third grader more freedom than brick-and-mortar schools typically offer. K12 powers three kinds of online schooling programs:
- K12-powered online public elementary schools follow the traditional academic calendar and are tuition-free*—like brick-and-mortar public schools. Instruction is led by state-certified teachers.
- K12-powered private online elementary schools include the K12 International Academy and The Keystone School. Please be advised that, unlike online public school, private school does charge tuition.
- Finally, K12 also offers individual online third grade courses, available for purchase, to supplement your child's existing education. These courses are a great option for students that need extra help in a certain subject or want to be challenged in the classroom.
Online Third Grade Curriculum Powered by K12
Review our list of online elementary school programs and courses to determine if K12 is a good fit for your third grader.
- Language Arts and English. Courses help young learners develop critical reading and writing skills, while inspiring a love of literature. Students will also learn the basics of phonics and grammar.
- Math. Third grade math courses combine fundamental skills with critical thinking and problem-solving through tradition lessons as well as online games and animations.
- Science. Students conduct hands-on experiments, study of terms and concepts in life, earth, and physical sciences, and learn how scientists understand our world and how the world is shaped by ongoing scientific and technological advances.
- History and Social Sciences. History courses, integrated with topics in geography and civics, introduce third graders to far-off lands, distant times, and diverse cultures.
- World Languages. Students learn to read, write, speak, and listen for meaning through simple narratives, regular writing and speaking challenges, and games.
- Art. Third graders explore the elements of art; study important paintings, sculpture, and architecture; and examine different artistic movements. Students also create their own works of art such as mobiles, collage, and stained glass.
- Music. The Spotlight on Music courses promote successful music learning as students explore and build foundational music skills. Students will be exposed to a variety of interactive learning activities such as focused listening, singing, dancing, virtual instruments, etc. In addition, full-time online third grade students will also have lessons on playing a real recorder.
Find the right online third grade program for your child.
Type your zip code into our School Finder tool to locate a K12-powered online third grade program near you. Please be advised that some schools only serve residents of specific areas.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.