Second Grade for Utah Students
A lot has changed. Last year in the first grade, your child may have stumbled over words while reading aloud, but now they're reading with more fluency and ease. And after learning about the major systems of the human body in first grade science, your student is ready to delve into details about cells and their functions. This is how second grade at Utah's tuition-free* K12-powered online school builds on the good work students did the previous year.
A Different Approach to Second Grade in Utah
While second grade students are advancing academically, they're also changing socially. Students are becoming more sensitive about what other people think of them, and they really want to fit in with their peers. Most children transition into second grade just fine, but some parents may feel their child needs a different kind of environment. The K12-powered online program for second graders in Utah offers students the opportunity to learn at home while helping them succeed academically.
Benefits of K12's Personalized Online Learning Program
Utah's K12-powered online school offers the personalized K12 learning program, which includes:
- An Individualized Learning Plan—your student's academic road map for the school year
- Utah-licensed teachers who guide progress and tailor teaching to your student's needs
- Highly interactive online curriculum covering core subjects as well as art and music
- Teacher-led online clubs and in-person field trips, extracurricular activities, and events
Caring Support for Students and Families
Another feature of a personalized education is your student's caring support team. Students benefit from the instruction of state-licensed teachers, guidance from counselors and school staff, and the daily one-to-one support of the Learning Coach—a parent or another responsible adult. The K12 program also offers a variety of opportunities for the Learning Coach to receive the information, support, and training they need to succeed.
Engaging Curriculum for Quality Learning
Your child's daily interactions with the K12 online curriculum will provide a substantial part of their quality learning experiences. The curriculum maximizes the different ways students learn by combining interactive online lessons with hands-on activities that use education materials delivered to your door.† Second grade courses include English, math, science, and history as well as art and music. Plus, the K12-powered online school in Utah offers second graders a robust Advanced Learner Program.
K12-Powered Learning in Utah
From kindergarten to high school, the K12-powered online learning option in Utah meets the needs of diverse students:
Utah Virtual Academy (UTVA) helps students in grades K–12 become independent, self-motivated learners by giving them a strong foundation and the tools they need to reach their academic potential.
- Individualized Learning Plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Utah-licensed teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- A robust Advanced Learner Program offers K–8 students a chance to get ahead.
- Eligible high school students can earn college credits on select courses.
- Destinations Career Academy at UTVA helps full- and part-time high school students get ahead with electives in a variety of career fields.
- Field trips, extracurricular activities, and clubs bring students together.
310 East 4500 South, Suite 620, | Murray, UT 84107
Discover Second Grade in Utah Powered by K12
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
†Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
††Not all courses on the K12 course list are offered by all schools. If you have a question about a particular course, please check with your school.