ONLINE MIDDLE SCHOOL HOMESCHOOL RESOURCES
Considering an alternative to middle school homeschool?
K12 understands the challenges and rewards of homeschooling middle school students. For well over a decade, we've been a leader in providing students with an outstanding K–12 education using the technology of online courses that can be used for homeschool. If you're ready for the support and resources that come with enrolling in a K12-powered school, we have options.
At our accredited, tuition-free* online public schools for grades K–12, students benefit from:
- A personalized learning approach
- Instruction from state-certified teachers
- Quality, engaging curriculum
- Online lessons, interactive activities, and virtual classroom sessions, all from your home
- Opportunities to connect through in-person events
- Support from counselors and school administrators
In addition, K12-powered schools adhere to state testing, school accountability, and attendance policies, and our graduates earn a high school diploma.
What are the differences between a K12-powered school and middle school homeschool?
K12-powered schools are not homeschools, nor are the students who attend them considered homeschooled. In fact, there are several differences.
K12-powered online public schools:
- Have state-certified teachers
- Have an established curriculum determined by the school**
- Have a strong school administration (e.g., principal, assistant principal, etc.)
- Issue transcripts, report cards, and conduct parent conferences
- Comply with mandatory state assessment test requirements
- Comply with state attendance policies and academic progress requirements
- Comply with applicable state and federal academic and fiscal accountability requirements
Quality Curriculum Delivered for 21st-Century Learning
The curriculum for middle school students at K12-powered online school brings together the best of a traditional approach to education within a 21st-century virtual environment. Online lessons in math, English, science, and history, as well as art and music, combine hands-on learning activities using education materials delivered to your door.** Printed books, math manipulatives, and more let your child explore key concepts in a practical way!
Interested in supplementing your homeschooling middle school curriculum?
K12 offers one of the largest online homeschool K–12 curriculums in the industry with award-winning courses from preschool through high school. Your homeschooling middle school student will benefit from:
- Engaging, challenging, and interactive courses
- Easy-to-use planning and progress tools, assessments, answer keys, and teaching guides
- K–8 and world language courses with optional certified-teacher support
- Various payment options, including subscription plans and discounts for pre-payment and for enrolling siblings
Shop our online courses today!
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
**Course offerings vary by school and state. Please visit your school page or check with your school counselor.
†Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.