Second Grade for North Carolina Students
Learning is all about making connections in the second grade. At the tuition-free* K12-powered online school in North Carolina, second graders no longer need to rely solely on personal experiences to learn and grow. Now, because they’re better at processing information and can make more subtle connections, students are ready to take on more complex material, develop analytical abilities, and can master skills they may have struggled with the year before. If you’re looking for a personalized second grade program in North Carolina that will meet your child exactly where they are and can take them even further, the K12-powered online school may be what you’re seeking.
Personalized Learning Powered by K12
Your child’s online education experience begins with a personalized learning plan. Developed by teachers and based on student assessments, the plan addresses your student’s academic needs, whether they need more support or more challenging learning experiences to excel. For instance, if your second grade student is an advanced learner in language arts/English, they may be able to attend a course at a higher grade level but stay a second grade level for math and science. Plus, the course material for grades K–5 is mastery-based, which lets your student learn at a pace that’s right for them.
Lots of Support
Another feature of the personalized education experience for second graders in North Carolina is a well-rounded support system. Students benefit from the instruction of caring North Carolina-licensed teachers, guidance from counselors and school staff, and the daily one-to-one support of the Learning Coach—a parent or another responsible adult. The K12 program also offers a variety of opportunities for the Learning Coach to receive the information, support, and training they need to succeed.
Curriculum with Online and Offline Learning
As part of K12’s curriculum, North Carolina’s second graders participate in highly interactive online lessons. Hands-on learning activities using materials delivered to your home** supplement their online learning to reinforce important concepts. The lessons are designed to engage the developmental energy of second graders and cover a range of learning objectives.
View the K12 course list for descriptions of second grade subjects.***
Schools Available for North Carolina Students
Join a vibrant, tight-knit community of students, families, and educators dedicated to expanding educational choice through innovative, technology-rich instruction.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Jump-start your future with dual enrollment opportunities and community college partnerships.
- Get involved with student clubs and activities, including e-sports.
Reach your full potential with a program dedicated to supporting your individual needs, interests, and learning styles with blended online/in-person learning opportunities.
- Learn at your own pace with increased flexibility, especially conducive to student-athletes.
- Jump-start your future with career education and dual credit options
- Access available opportunity scholarships.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A faith-focused private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in faith and framed by Franciscan values
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs
- Engaging and interactive mastery-based K12 curriculum
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective
- College prep and career readiness through in-depth virtual instruction
- Project- and work-based learning opportunities
- Flexibility and mobility of virtual education
- Strong core values supported by the Catholic institution, Marian University
- Social activities that encourage growth in faith and community
- Available to students in 30+ states
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
***Not all courses on the K12 course list are offered by all schools. If you have a question about a particular course, please check with your school.