Online Homeschool Resources in Missouri
What if your family could experience an education that combines the support of traditional public school with the convenience of schooling at home? As you explore education alternatives for your family, learn more about K12-powered online schools as an alternative to homeschooling in Missouri. The combination you’re looking for exists at the tuition-free* K12-powered online school in Missouri.
How do I know if online school is a good fit for my student?
The K12-powered online school in Missouri is focused on empowering students through high-quality, personalized learning. Students experience interactive curriculum in a supportive online environment, so they can learn in the ways that work for them. Missouri-certified teachers apply a personalized approach to an online curriculum, so students receive a high-quality education that’s tailored to their needs and interests.
Enrolled students attend regularly scheduled online class sessions and complete coursework and activities independently or with classmates. In the younger grades, curriculum is mastery based, allowing students to work at the pace best suited for their learning process. In middle school and high school the program is grade-based and students must keep on pace with the class.
A similarity between K12-powered schools and homeschooling in Missouri is the crucial involvement of a parent or another responsible adult. As your child’s Learning Coach, you or another responsible adult, play an active role keeping your student on track with coursework and assignments, communicating with teachers, providing academic support, motivation, and more.
Explore the K12 resources available for both students and parents to help families succeed with online learning.
How do homeschooling in Missouri and K12-powered schools compare?
Students learning in their own space at their own pace is the priority in both settings. Students are empowered to play a leading role in their learning and parents are actively involved in both settings.
Learning can happen from home, or wherever there’s an internet connection.
A difference between online homeschool in Missouri and K12-powered online schools is that schools powered by K12 provide the curriculum. The K12 curriculum combines engaging online lessons with hands-on learning materials.** Offline activities are encouraged, helping complement online learning and provide variety. Your student will be able to master lesson objectives while spending time away from the computer screen.
Students enrolled in K12-powered schools adhere to attendance, school accountability, and state testing policies just as traditional brick-and-mortar schools do. Students learn from Missouri-certified teachers and earn a high school diploma. The convenience of schooling at home combined with the structure of traditional public school serves as an alternative for homeschooling in Missouri.
Learn more about online public schools to see if a K12-powered education is right for your child. Get helpful information around curriculum, time commitment, a typical day in the life, and socialization experiences available to your student.
Schools Available for Missouri Students
Explore your interests and reach your full potential with a dedicated staff and innovative curriculum designed for online learning and success.
- Get flexible, individualized instruction that meets your needs.
- Earn career certifications while in high school.
- Power your future with access to industry experts, job shadowing, and networking.
Achieve success in an inspiring, empowering environment designed to provide students in grades K–12 an education experience tailored to their individual needs.
- Succeed outside the classroom with social emotional learning and monitoring.
- Jump-start your future by earning certifications in high school.
- Earn your diploma—graduation guaranteed!
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school; please check with your school about offline course materials.