K12-Powered Online Middle School for Minnesota Students
Middle school is an important time for students as they explore their interests, master topics across subjects, and prepare for new challenges. Online middle schools powered by K12 help students establish building blocks for success through personalized learning.
If your family is looking for an alternative to traditional school, or a more personalized approach to learning, K12 has the solution. Learn how K12-powered tuition-free* online middle schools in Minnesota help students succeed in their own way.
How does Minnesota online middle school powered by K12 work?
There are many similarities and differences between online middle schools in Minnesota and a traditional school setting. Students are taught by Minnesota-licensed teachers, follow a traditional school calendar, and can participate in extracurricular activities that connect them with peers.
Students participate in scheduled, live online classes from home or wherever there’s an internet connection. Lessons are reinforced through offline assignments that are completed independently or in a small group of peers. Students can also seek support from their Learning Coach—a parent or other responsible adult who gives support, guidance, and motivation. As students progress through middle school, they’ll take on more responsibility for their education, preparing them for the more rigorous academic setting of high school.
The structure and support of traditional school combined with the convenience of virtual learning may be a good fit for your family. Learn more about the resources available to students and Learning Coaches that can ease the transition to online learning.
Engaging Curriculum for Expanding Minds
Students enrolled in Minnesota online middle school powered by K12 will experience a curriculum that is rooted in the principles of how children learn, while harnessing the power of technology. They’ll learn new concepts and explore their interests while preparing for academic challenges they’ll encounter in high school. Preview a sample online lesson to see what a K12-powered Minnesota online middle school course is like.
Many lessons are taught in live, interactive online sessions. Students can engage with material in new and interesting ways through interactive online sessions and assignments away from the computer screen. Teachers and Learning Coaches can keep students on track with online assessments and progress tools.
How will my middle school student socialize with peers?
K12-powered online middle school in Minnesota provides activities that allow students to gain the social skills and friendships that are important to develop in middle school. Online and in-person field trips, virtual and supervised clubs, social excursions, and other events are available for your student.§ Learn more about the extracurricular activities available to students enrolled in K12-powered online middle schools.
Schools Available for Minnesota Students
Achieve success and become inspired and empowered in your learning through an education experience tailored to your needs.
- Jump-start your future by earning college credits and career certifications in high school.
- Access our full range of special education services.
- Get set up for success beyond the classroom with career-focused electives and career planning support.
Discover, develop, and achieve your potential with flexible learning and innovative technology from the comfort and safety of home.
- Accelerate your learning with honors and AP® courses.
- Jump-start your future by earning credits from the Minnesota State Colleges and University System while in high school.
- Largest online K–12 school in the state.
Achieve success with a high level of personalized academic, social, and emotional support designed to help students in grades 6–12 catch up and excel.
- Jump-start your future with dual enrollment opportunities and career-focused electives.
- Succeed in and out of the classroom with our Social and Emotional Support program and Family Support Team.
- Learn in the way that works for you with our dedicated staff trained in online education.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.