Explore alternatives to homeschooling in Minnesota.
Personalized learning that’s adaptable and rewarding can help set your student up for future success. As you explore homeschooling in Minnesota, consider the benefits of an online school program. K12-powered online schools combine the structure of traditional public school with the many conveniences of homeschool. Students can learn wherever there’s an internet connection, and families can maintain the level of personal involvement they desire.
We’re committed to helping diverse learners thrive at their own pace, in their own place. If your family is looking for an alternative to homeschooling in Minnesota, explore tuition-free* K12-powered schools.
Is online school at home a good fit for my student?
Families have different requirements when determining what works for them in their education choices. A successful education is not a one-size-fits-all experience. K12-powered online schools in Minnesota are designed to offer students a high-quality tuition-free* education that helps them thrive.
Enrolled students attend regularly scheduled, live online classes taught by Minnesota-licensed teachers. Online and offline coursework and activities help reinforce lessons and allow students to learn in an interactive and engaging way. In the younger grades, curriculum is mastery based, allowing students to work at the pace best suited for their learning process. As students progress through middle school and high school, the program is grade-based and students must keep on pace with the class.
As with homeschooling in Minnesota, parents can play an active, important role in their child’s education. As your child’s Learning Coach, you (or another responsible adult you choose) will help keep your student on track with assignments and coursework, communicate with teachers, provide motivation, and more.
Explore the K12 resources available for both students and parents to help families succeed with online learning.
What do K12-powered schools and homeschooling in Minnesota have in common?
Students are empowered to take charge of their learning, and parents are actively involved to help along the way. Learning can happen from the comfort of home or wherever there’s an internet connection with homeschool and K12-powered school. Families can experience the best of both worlds by combining the convenience of homeschooling in Minnesota with the structure and support of traditional public school.
Minnesota-licensed teachers guide students through curriculum in both settings. Unlike online homeschool in Minnesota, K12-powered online schools provide the curriculum. The K12 curriculum combines engaging online lessons with hands-on learning materials.** Activities like art projects and science experiments complement online lessons and provide a new way to learn and master concepts.
K12-powered schools follow a traditional school calendar, adhere to state testing, school accountability, and attendance policies, and graduates earn a high school diploma. State-licensed teachers provide instruction and support. Parents have teacher conferences and can connect with teachers to discuss their student’s progress.
Enrolled students can participate in extracurricular activities, such as online clubs and social pursuits, to interact with their peers.§ These important social opportunities help them build social skills and form lasting friendships.
As you explore alternatives to homeschooling in Minnesota, learn more about how online learning works to see if a K12-powered education is right for your child.
Achieve success and become inspired and empowered in your learning through an education experience tailored to your needs.
- Jump-start your future by earning college credits and career certifications in high school.
- Access our full range of special education services.
- Get set up for success beyond the classroom with career-focused electives and career planning support.
Discover, develop, and achieve your potential with flexible learning and innovative technology from the comfort and safety of home.
- Accelerate your learning with honors and AP® courses.
- Jump-start your future by earning credits from the Minnesota State Colleges and University System while in high school.
- Largest online K–12 school in the state.
Achieve success with a high level of personalized academic, social, and emotional support designed to help students in grades 6–12 catch up and excel.
- Jump-start your future with dual enrollment opportunities and career-focused electives.
- Succeed in and out of the classroom with our Social and Emotional Support program and Family Support Team.
- Learn in the way that works for you with our dedicated staff trained in online education.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A faith-focused private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in faith and framed by Franciscan values
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs
- Engaging and interactive mastery-based K12 curriculum
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective
- College prep and career readiness through in-depth virtual instruction
- Project- and work-based learning opportunities
- Flexibility and mobility of virtual education
- Strong core values supported by the Catholic institution, Marian University
- Social activities that encourage growth in faith and community
- Available to students in 30+ states
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school; please check with your school about offline course materials.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.