K12-Powered Online Middle School for Michigan Students
Prep your student for their future with a tailored K12-powered education experience. Tuition-free* online middle school in Michigan powered by K12 may be a great fit if your child needs an alternative to traditional school. Students can learn at their own pace wherever there’s an internet connection while parents have the opportunity to be actively involved in their child’s education.
How do I know if an online middle school in Michigan is a good fit for my student?
Online middle school in Michigan powered by K12 offers engaging, interactive courses that combine tried-and-true educational approaches with the best practices for online instruction. Michigan-certified teachers teach live, scheduled online classes and give support to students.
Guidance and motivation are provided at home by the Learning Coach—a parent or another responsible adult who encourages their learner throughout the year.
The curriculum helps parents and teachers address gaps and prepare students to master the fundamentals needed to enter high school. Planning and progress tools and online assessments help students stay on track and keep learning momentum moving. Michigan online middle school students can engage in extracurricular programs and activities to connect with peers outside the classroom.
Explore the resources available for students and Learning Coaches that ease the transition to online learning.
What is the curriculum like at K12-powered online middle school in Michigan?
The combination of live lessons, interactive sessions, small group activities, and online and offline assignments engage your student’s mind in a variety of ways. The curriculum is designed in a way that serves their interests, needs, and abilities.
Skill-level assignments are completed independently, within small groups, or with the help of the student’s Learning Coach. As students progress through the material, they’ll begin to take on more and more responsibility, setting them up for success in high school.
Take a look at a sample online lesson to see what a K12-powered Michigan online middle school lesson is like.
Will my middle school student have opportunities to socialize?
Social opportunities are an important part of a well-rounded education. K12-powered online middle school in Michigan provides students with the opportunity to develop friendships and social skills in and out of a class setting. These activities allow students to gain the social skills and meaningful friendships that are so crucial to their middle school experience. Learn more about what activities are available to your child.**
Make the most of your education with robust early college options and a supportive community tailored to meet your needs.
- Accelerate your learning with advanced learner and Gifted and Talented programs.
- Jump-start your college career—get up to 60 college credits while in high school.
- Earn your associate's degree while still in high school, tuition-free.
Reach your full potential with a high-quality, virtual public charter school dedicated to empowering students through personalized learning.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Get a head start on the future with dual enrollment with 10 local colleges and universities.
- Get involved with clubs and competitions, including high school e-sports.
Explore your future and discover areas of interest through in-depth, rigorous academics with a strong focus on career and college prep.
- Accelerate your future with 30+ honors and AP® courses.
- Gain greater flexibility based on student success.
- Jump-start your future with career prep and high school electives beginning in middle school.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school