Set a foundation for future success for your elementary student.
Help spark an early love for learning during these important developmental years with K12-powered online elementary schools in Michigan. Building a strong academic and social foundation is possible when your student is given the opportunity to learn and grow at their own pace.
Discover how your student can succeed and explore alternatives to traditional schools with tuition-free* K12-powered Michigan online elementary schools.
Is a K12-powered online elementary school in Michigan a good fit for my student?
Your elementary student will experience personalized learning with interactive curriculum, state-certified teachers, and social opportunities that help build a strong academic and social foundation. In addition to a well-rounded quality education, families experience an added level of convenience because learning can happen anywhere there’s an internet connection.
Elementary school is an important learning period when your child will establish critical thinking, problem-solving, and time-management skills. Students enrolled in online elementary schools in Michigan powered by K12 will experience a curriculum that is mastery based, allowing them to work at a pace best suited for their learning process. Students attend scheduled, live online classes led by Michigan-certified teachers.
Curriculum includes engaging online lessons, as well as hands-on learning activities away from the screen. Students will complete daily coursework aligned with their curriculum and ability. Your elementary student will experience personalized learning based on their individual needs with online assessments that ensure your child is mastering their lessons.
As the parent or legal guardian, you’ll play an important role as your child’s Learning Coach. In this role, you’ll provide motivation, academic support, and guidance throughout the school year. The Learning Coach guides students through their daily lessons and ensures they’re on track with assignments and coursework. There’s also plenty of support available for the Learning Coach through training tools and opportunities to connect with other Learning Coaches.
Explore the K12 resources available for both students and parents to help families succeed with online learning.
Hands-On Enrichment Activities
K12-powered online elementary schools in Michigan combine engaging online lessons with hands-on learning materials.** While the main instruction takes place virtually, your student will be able to master lesson objectives and spend time away from the computer screen. Activities such as art projects and science experiments complement online learning and provide variety in a student’s day.
View sample online lessons to get an idea of what learning looks like at K12-powered online elementary schools in Michigan.
Will my student have opportunities to socialize?
While students are often busy with sports, church, and activities in their local communities, there are numerous ways for elementary students to connect with their peers and develop friendships. K12-powered online elementary schools in Michigan offer students the chance to participate in virtual and in-person field trips, events, and teacher-supervised online student clubs§.
Schools Available for Michigan Students
Make the most of your education with robust early college options and a supportive community tailored to meet your needs.
- Accelerate your learning with advanced learner and Gifted and Talented programs.
- Jump-start your college career—get up to 60 college credits while in high school.
- Earn your associate's degree while still in high school, tuition-free.
Reach your full potential with a high-quality, virtual public charter school dedicated to empowering students through personalized learning.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Get a head start on the future with dual enrollment with 10 local colleges and universities.
- Get involved with clubs and competitions, including high school e-sports.
Explore your future and discover areas of interest through in-depth, rigorous academics with a strong focus on career and college prep.
- Accelerate your future with 30+ honors and AP® courses.
- Gain greater flexibility based on student success.
- Jump-start your future with career prep and high school electives beginning in middle school.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A faith-focused private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in faith and framed by Franciscan values
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs
- Engaging and interactive mastery-based K12 curriculum
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective
- College prep and career readiness through in-depth virtual instruction
- Project- and work-based learning opportunities
- Flexibility and mobility of virtual education
- Strong core values supported by the Catholic institution, Marian University
- Social activities that encourage growth in faith and community
- Available to students in 30+ states
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.
**Course materials vary by course and school; please check with your school about offline course materials.
§Extracurricular activities and clubs vary by school. Please check with your school.