Online Homeschool Resources in Idaho
Exploring alternatives to traditional public school requires careful consideration. K12-powered online schools offer personalized learning programs that help set your student up for future success. As you explore alternatives to homeschooling in Idaho, consider the benefits of an online school program. We’re committed to helping diverse learners thrive at their own pace, in their own place. Learn more about tuition-free* K12-powered online schools in Idaho.
Is online school a good fit for my student?
A successful education is not a one-size-fits-all experience. K12-powered online schools combine the support and structure of traditional public school with the convenience of learning from home or wherever there’s an internet connection.
Students enrolled in K12-powered online schools in Idaho attend regularly scheduled online class sessions and complete coursework and activities aligned with their skill and grade level. Your student will also have the opportunity to complete coursework and activities away from the computer screen. Idaho-certified teachers lead online class sessions, teach curriculum, and serve as a resource for students and parents.
As with homeschooling in Idaho, a parent or another responsible adult plays an active, important role in the student’s education as the Learning Coach. This person works to keep students on track with assignments and coursework, communicate with teachers, provide motivation, and more.
How do K12-powered schools and homeschooling in Idaho compare?
Families can maintain the benefits of homeschooling in Idaho in both settings. K12-powered students can attend class and complete coursework from the comfort and safety of home, or wherever there’s an internet connection. Similar to homeschooling in Idaho, K12-powered students take charge of their learning and parents are actively involved.
Unlike online homeschool in Idaho, K12-powered schools provide the curriculum. In the younger grades, curriculum is mastery-based, allowing students to work at the pace best suited for their learning process. Students experience grade-based curriculum in middle school and high school.
The structure of traditional public school combined with the convenience of schooling at home serves as an alternative to homeschooling in Idaho. K12-powered schools adhere to state testing, school accountability, and attendance policies, just as brick-and-mortar schools do, and graduates earn a high school diploma.
Consider the benefits and support of an online program when thinking about how to school at home for your family. Learn more about how online learning works to see if a K12-powered education is right for your child.
Schools Available for Idaho Students
Get a head start on your college and career goals with a dedicated, flexible online school for grades 9–12.
- Gain personalized support from our small, tight-knit community.
- Jump-start your degree by earning college credits in high school.
- Get involved with our robust clubs and active technical student organizations.
Reach your full potential with personalized learning and an innovative curriculum designed for online success.
- Earn career certifications and college credits while in high school.
- Accelerate your learning with a robust suite of career and college prep, honors, AP®, and credit recovery courses.
- Achieve graduation with additional flexibility and support that meets your needs.
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.