Online Second Grade for Arkansas Students
In second grade, most students are using the skills they learned in earlier grades with increasing ease and confidence. They're also developing a sense of cause and effect. That's why they ask for more information now—they want understanding and they look for the reasons behind things. Arkansas' K12-powered online school taps into that natural curiosity to help inspire and motivate these young learners. Plus, K12's personalized learning program meets the need of all kinds of second graders in Arkansas—whether they need more challenge, more support, or a distraction-free environment to succeed.
The Personalized K12 Online Learning Program
K12-powered online education for Arkansas' second graders includes the support, curriculum, learning environment, and social opportunities students need to make the most of their academic potential. The personalized K12 learning program in Arkansas includes:
- Tuition-free* enrollment
- An Individualized Learning Plan—your child's personalized academic roadmap for the school year
- State-licensed teachers who provide instruction and support
- K12's quality online curriculum and hands-on learning materials†
- Online and in-person social opportunities, events, and activities
- 24/7 access to the K12-powered online school platform
- A traditional school-year schedule
How Day-to-Day K12-Powered Online Learning Works
Because the K12-powered online program is personalized, daily learning schedules for second graders in Arkansas vary from student to student. But they all work on daily lessons in the online school platform, which is also where students attend their teacher-led virtual classes with peers. Along with instruction from state-licensed teachers, students receive one-to-one support from their Learning Coach, their parent or another responsible adult.
The online curriculum for second grade in Arkansas is rigorous yet engaging and features videos, graphics, and interactive games. To help reinforce important concepts, hands-on learning activities using education materials delivered to your door† complement the online coursework. And because social opportunities are an important part of any school experience, students can participate in online clubs and in-person field trips, extracurricular activities, and more. There's also plenty of parent support—including live and recorded info sessions, workshops, and events—so you and your student can make the transition to online learning as smoothly as possible.
Take a closer look at a day in the life of these K12-powered online students.
K12-Powered Online Learning for Arkansas Families
Young students from kindergarten to high school can take advantage of the benefits of the K12-powered online learning program in Arkansas:
Arkansas Virtual Academy offers students in grades K–12 a personalized education experience that awakens the power of learning and helps them reach their potential.
- Personalized academic plans target each student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Arkansas-licensed teachers guide progress and tailor teaching to student needs.
- Engaging, highly interactive curriculum enriches and inspires.
- Destinations Career Academy helps students in grades 9–12 get ahead with courses in Agriculture, Business and Marketing Technology, Information Technology, and Visual Arts.
- Field trips, extracurricular activities, community service opportunities, and clubs help students connect.
- Parents receive support through programs and workshops.
1400 West Markham Street, Suite 206, | Little Rock, AR 72201
Discover Online Second Grade in Arkansas
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.
†Course materials vary by course and school. Please check with your school about offline course materials.
††Not all courses on the K12 course list are offered by all schools. If you have a question about a particular course, please check with your school.