A New Approach to K–12 School
Discover a quality education for your child of any age with an online school in San Diego, CA powered by K12. We incorporate a successful school structure with the added convenience of attending live classes from anywhere there’s an internet connection. An online education powered by K12 can help prepare your child for the world ahead through engaging online learning, an intuitive platform, and a flexible environment.
How Online School in San Diego, California Works
Attending online school is similar to brick-and-mortar schools in both curriculum and structure. Virtual classes are held live with a state-certified teacher, and assignments involve both online and offline work. The curriculum is structured in a way that helps all students grow as they progress through the grade levels.
There are also many opportunities to connect with peers through social clubs and offline activities. When you choose a K12-powered online school in San Diego, you and your student experience comprehensive learning that comes alive, anywhere.
Personalized Learning for Unique Students
At K12, we know that every student is unique. That’s why we’ve created a personalized learning environment that can be tailored to your child’s individual needs. The accessible interface allows you to customize the schedule in a way that supports how your student learns best. They also have the opportunity to spend extra time with any challenging topics that they may encounter without falling behind.
K12-powered online schools in San Diego provide parents or “Learning Coaches” with unprecedented access to their child’s progress in school. This enables you and the teacher to intervene and support your student in the most effective ways to keep them on track.
Parents of elementary school students should expect to spend 4–6 hours per day supporting their child’s education. Middle school and high school students require less parental involvement, and the time commitment for adults supporting older students averages 1–3 hours per day.
A Day in the Life of an Online Student
Why K12: Gabbie’s mom wanted her advanced students to be challenged academically. Now, Gabbie can work at her own, quicker pace through lessons and take breaks when she needs them.
See Gabbie’s Day with Her Brother
Why K12: Micah’s parents wanted an option where their children could be challenged and learn in a way that worked for them as individuals.
See Micah’s Day with His Sister
Schools Available to Students in San Diego, California
Reach your full potential with an innovative, cutting-edge education from fully credentialed teachers.
- Be set up for success with flexible, personalized instruction.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 7–12.
Empower your learning with a high-quality, Western Association of Schools and Colleges-accredited online charter school serving Los Angeles, Kern, Orange, San Bernardino, and Ventura counties.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Jump-start your future by earning certifications in high-demand career fields.
- Get set up for success with personalized college and career counseling, access to industry experts, job shadowing, and networking.
If you've struggled with school, we can help. Achieve success with flexible learning and personalized support designed for the specific needs of at-promise students in grades 9–12.
- Earn your diploma thanks to flexibility and support services.
- Dashboard Alternative School Status (DASS)
- Access English language learner support.
- K12 has partnered with Gateway Virtual Academy to offer personalized education opportunities.
- This school offers state-certified teachers, parent support, and local community programs.
- Gateway Virtual Academy delivers a model that blends face-to-face and virtual instruction for Le Grand School District residents.
- Grades K-8 full-time, interactive, online public school with personalized, tuition-free hands-on learning and classes in core subjects
- Passionate, supportive state-certified teachers -parent resources, demos, and assistance to start your child off strong-vibrant community with in-person events and clubs
- Synchronous live instruction with teachers every morning -Afternoons are asynchronous and offer in-person learning opportunities
- Personalized learning with a flexible approach; AP, Honors, Credit Recovery courses. WASC, COGNIA Accredited.
- Highly Qualified California Credentialed Teachers; A-G, NCAA, and College Board Approved Curriculum.
- We are a supportive and inclusive school community, offering meetups, clubs, daily live lessons, and events!
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer needs.