K12-Powered Learning: Making Students Ready for the Future
High school is a transformative time as students advance to higher levels of learning and take their first steps toward charting their course to the future. The K12-powered online high school in Alabama provides that important bridge students need from building foundational skills in the lower grades to more independent learning in the upper grades as they prepare for life beyond the classroom.
How does K12-powered online high school in Alabama work?
The online high school in Alabama powered by K12 offers benefits similar to traditional schooling, including:
- Tuition-free* education
- Instruction from a team of subject-specific, Alabama-certified teachers
- A diploma for graduates that’s recognized by colleges and employers around the country
- Learning experiences that balance rigorous study with fun social interactions
What is the difference with online high school?
The difference at the K12-powered Alabama online high school is its personalized approach to learning that recognizes the needs, strengths, and goals of each student. The program includes support from school counselors and advisors as well as the Learning Coach—a parent or other responsible adult—who provides student oversight for 1 to 3 hours per day. And because social connections are so important, students can participate in online clubs as well as in-person events, projects, and extracurricular activities.
K12’s Engaging High School Curriculum
Another great difference at Alabama’s online high school powered by K12 is the freedom students have to attend online teacher-led classes and access their daily coursework wherever there’s an internet connection. Alabama-certified teachers use K12’s engaging online high school curriculum, which features core subjects in multiple levels—including honors and AP®—as well as music, art, and world languages. Students can also choose from a broad selection of electives. Plus, students enrolled at the K12-powered online high school in Alabama have access to college planning tools and receive guidance from teachers, counselors, and advisors.
Schools Available for Alabama Students
Reach your full potential with a personalized approach to education for students in grades K–12.
- Get on the path to success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Accelerate your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses for grades 9–12.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with personalized future-focused learning.
- Jump-start your future with college credits, industry certifications, and internships while in high school.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Be set up for success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option with support from state-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community with a range of extracurricular activities
- A robust advanced learner program with bood and educational materials
- Full-time, innovative, online school with flexible pacing; Early graduation for those that qualify
- Vibrant community with in-person events, social activities, and clubs; After school virtual STEM activities provided by Dallas County STEM
- Dual enrollment opportunities – a high school student may earn his/her diploma while gaining college credits
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help you address your technological and computer needs.