Leaping into formal learning is a moment of great significance in a child’s life. And because it’s so important to start a child’s school career off strong, many Alabama kindergarten families are discovering the benefits of K12-powered online learning, which blends the best aspects of public school education with the convenience and familiarity of home.
Benefits of K12-Powered Kindergarten in Alabama
Eligible Alabama kindergartners can take advantage of the tuition-free* K12-powered public school options in their state, where students benefit from:
- A personalized learning program
- Instruction from state-licensed teachers
- Outstanding, interactive curriculum
- A supportive online learning community
With online learning, students can log in to school from any computer with an internet connection, so school can happen from home or on the go.
Learn more about K12-powered kindergarten options.
How K12-Powered Online Kindergarten Works
Kindergarten students learn using a variety of learning experiences, as presented by their teachers during online class sessions. Kindergarten students also spend time learning offline with the help and supervision of their Learning Coach—usually a parent or other responsible adult. A student’s Learning Coach will typically spend 4 to 6 hours each school day assisting their student and completing school-related tasks, such as logging attendance and communicating with the teacher.
K12-powered schools often host opportunities for students to participate in school-sponsored outings and events, giving kindergarteners a chance to make friends and learn social skills within their school community.
To learn more about how K12-powered Alabama kindergarten works for families, check out the videos and information regarding the role of the Learning Coach.
Schools Available for Alabama Students
Reach your full potential with a personalized approach to education for students in grades K–12.
- Get on the path to success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Accelerate your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses for grades 9–12.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with personalized future-focused learning.
- Jump-start your future with college credits, industry certifications, and internships while in high school.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Be set up for success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option with support from state-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community with a range of extracurricular activities
- A robust advanced learner program with bood and educational materials
- Full-time, innovative, online school with flexible pacing; Early graduation for those that qualify
- Vibrant community with in-person events, social activities, and clubs; After school virtual STEM activities provided by Dallas County STEM
- Dual enrollment opportunities – a high school student may earn his/her diploma while gaining college credits
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A faith-focused private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in faith and framed by Franciscan values
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs
- Engaging and interactive mastery-based K12 curriculum
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective
- College prep and career readiness through in-depth virtual instruction
- Project- and work-based learning opportunities
- Flexibility and mobility of virtual education
- Strong core values supported by the Catholic institution, Marian University
- Social activities that encourage growth in faith and community
- Available to students in 30+ states
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
*Families do not pay tuition for a student to attend an online public school. Common household items and office supplies like printer ink and paper are not provided. Our enrollment consultants can help address your technological and computer questions and needs.