Schools with Stride Career Prep in Alabama
Career Readiness Education for Alabama High School Students
Stride Career Prep provides an array of options for Alabama students who want to start their careers early, choose a career field, and learn outside a traditional classroom setup. Stride Career Prep provides a focused academic experience, giving students and families the power of a classroom at home, and a path to the future. Students choose a unique learning structure, with the power to prepare for college and start their careers early. Options for our career prep program include tuition-free public or private schools.*
Stride Career Prep students in Alabama get the chance to:
Choose their own career field
Get work experience and industry exposure
Learn methodologies that will prepare them for real-life experiences
Earn college credits and prepare for industry certification exams*⟊
Career Preparation for Middle and High School Students.**
The Stride Career Prep methodology consists of problem-solving techniques, project-based learning, and different real-world skill sets dependent on your student’s career field. This combination helps students to succeed in their academic classes, as well as learn the skills that will help them succeed when they join the workforce.
Take a look at some of the benefits for each:
Middle School Students
Middle school students explore career paths and:
- Explore jobs in multiple occupational areas, from healthcare to agriculture
- Examine how their interests could lead to a career path
- Develop skills like time management
- Learn how to successfully navigate job markets
- Begin to map their path to a job they’ll love
High School Students
High school students:
- Develop real-world skills like leadership, communication, teamwork, creative problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Solve real-world problems through project-based learning
- Deep dive into the career path of their choosing
- Prepare for career-related certification exams and college classes
- Get started developing a career that will carry them into adulthood⟊
Industry options. Multiple Pathways.
Whether your student is planning for college or a career after graduation, get them started exploring a career path with Stride Career Prep. Our program offers different career fields that your student can try:
Schools Available for Alabama Students
Reach your full potential with a personalized approach to education for students in grades K–12.
- Get on the path to success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Accelerate your future with career and college prep and honors and AP® courses for grades 9–12.
- Earn your diploma—graduation is guaranteed!
Prepare for college, career, and beyond with personalized future-focused learning.
- Jump-start your future with college credits, industry certifications, and internships while in high school.
- Discover your passion with career-focused electives for grades 6–12.
- Be set up for success with flexible, individualized instruction.
- Full-time, tuition-free online public school option with support from state-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community with a range of extracurricular activities
- A robust advanced learner program with bood and educational materials
- Full-time, innovative, online school with flexible pacing; Early graduation for those that qualify
- Vibrant community with in-person events, social activities, and clubs; After school virtual STEM activities provided by Dallas County STEM
- Dual enrollment opportunities – a high school student may earn his/her diploma while gaining college credits
Achieve a quality, personalized, private education through our engaging, interactive K12 curriculum and a dedicated, supportive team of teachers and advisors. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with dual enrollment, early college, AP®, and NCAA-approved courses.
- Jump-start your future with career and college prep, including career-focused electives beginning in 6th grade.
- Learn at your pace with year-round start dates enrolling full-time, part-time, and individual courses.
Achieve academic excellence while developing your Christian character and finding your life's purpose in a faith-based, supportive environment. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into your life—the classroom and beyond—through our Servant Learner framework.
- Develop your character and grow in your faith through in-person activities at faith centers in select cities.
- Participate in weekly faith groups and chapel services to connect with other students who share your beliefs.
A Catholic-inspired private school in partnership with Marian University, MU Prep offers high-quality academics and flexible, personalized learning.
- Education rooted in Catholic-inspired faith and framed by Franciscan values.
- Individualized support plans designed around strengths and needs.
- Licensed teachers with online experience and a faith-based perspective.
Are you an independent learner seeking a highly flexible education? With more than 40 years of experience in self-paced distance learning, reach your potential any time, year-round. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Accelerate your learning with 170+ self-paced courses with multiple levels, including honors and AP®.
- Earn college credits while still in high school with dual enrollment.
- Assure your future—we awarded 771 high school diplomas in 2022, with 99.4% of students reporting college acceptance.
Are you a highly motivated learner? Earn a premier, private college preparatory education online and get the tools to excel at top-tier universities. Affiliated with The George Washington University.
- Jump-start your future with one-to-one college counseling and unique dual enrollment opportunities.
- Prepare for life outside the classroom with our Journeys symposium.
- Unlock your future—100% of graduates are accepted to college, from Harvard to UC Berkeley.
Reach your full potential with an inclusive, engaging curriculum and the tools and guidance to be a successful global citizen. Tuition-free private school for Arizona students through the Empowerment Scholarship.
- Graduate trilingual with our Early World Language Program.
- Get access to seminar-based instruction with a collaborative, discussion-focused approach
- Graduate with your associate's degree with our dual enrollment program.
Hear How Stride Career Prep Can Work for Your Teen
Think this might be a good fit for your student? Want to learn more about the program from current participants? Email your questions and hear what Stride Career Prep students have to say.
*Opportunities vary by school; please visit your school page or check with your school counselor.
**Stride Career Prep is a program for grades 6–12. At some schools, career exploration is offered in middle school.
⟊Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.