Welcome to a New Kind of High School
Youth Connection Charter School (YCCS) Virtual High School is designed to help students 18-21 who, for a variety of reasons, haven’t been able to finish their high school education.
It combines online work, classroom work, and flexible hours into a unique high school learning experience that adapts to your schedule, to your situation, to your life.
YCCS Virtual High School is a Chicago Public School, so it’s Tuition-free
We’ll work with you from day one, and at every step along the way, to help you get to the finish line, and ensure you meet all the academic requirements you need to succeed—just like we did for these three students.
Why YCCS Virtual High School?
You’re not like everyone else. Neither are we.
No matter what’s gotten in your way, at YCCS Virtual High School we'll work with you to create an individualized plan for both high school and post high-school success:
- To a community college or a four-year college
- A strong vocational program that prepares you for a specific career
- Or straight to a career that fits who you are
YCCS Virtual High School is Chicago's most flexible high school program.
- Tuition-free schooling that’s part of Chicago Public Schools
- A flexible schedule that works with your job, your family, and your life
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum for an education that's second to none
- An individualized learning approach to meet your personal needs
- Support from passionate, professional Illinois-certified teachers
- Students graduate with a high school diploma that meets all state requirements.
YCCS Virtual High School News
Video: YCCS Student Goes from Dropout to Top of Class
Youth Connection Charter School student graduates at the top of his class after dropping out of traditional high school.
Video: New Program Offers High School Dropouts A Second Chance
CBS Chicago examines the success of YCCS Virtual High School and how it provides an opportunity for at-risk adults to obtain their high school diploma on a schedule that works for them. Watch the video.