Expat, Foreign Service, Overseas
Families who raise their children overseas face unique challenges.
These range from frequent moves, different cultures, transitions from one school to another and a scarcity of educational services for special needs children. A priority for K12 is the educational development of children from mobile families.
Options to Fit Your Needs
Our patented, award-winning system for virtual schooling combines dynamic, online lessons with a rich array of offline materials, books and resources to make learning come alive.
Here are just a few reasons why K12 is ideal for your young student:
- The K12 online learning program can travel with your child, worldwide, to anywhere there is an Internet connection – including back into the U.S.
- There is never a wait list with monthly start dates
- K12 International Academy students graduate with a prestigious US diploma
- Our K–8 curriculum is mastery-based, enabling students to progress at their own pace.
- High school students can choose from more than 105 teacher-guided courses—including honors and AP®, as well as electives.
- We offer multiple levels of world language courses in up to five languages.
- Our courses meet or exceed state standards.
International Schools Are Turning to K12
Because of the highly effective way we've delivered individualized learning solutions over one million times, around the world, we are now partnering with many outstanding International Schools to create new opportunities for student success. These partner schools include:
- Costa Rica's Country Day School
- Thailand's Reed Institute
We are working to expand curriculum services to serve more students around the globe, partnering with more schools all the time.
Benefits of Partnering with K12
If you are part of an International School, here are some of the benefits offered by a K12 partnership:
- Students who want to take courses your school can't afford to offer, including Honors, AP®, world language, and unique electives
- Families who seek a more individualized approach
- Students who need a more flexible schedule
- Students who want a chance to earn a U.S. diploma through K12's accredited online school
- Are you on a waiting list of students? Your school may be able to get you started with K12's outstanding curriculum.
- If you are geographically remote, you can explore an approach with your school in which some courses are delivered online, at home, via K12.
From individual online courses, to blended classroom models, to full-time online learning programs, K12 can help extend your school's offering in a variety of ways.
School leaders who wish to discuss a partnership arrangement, please call: 703.483.7210. Parents may call 877.512.7748, or +1-703.436.3316 (from outside the U.S.).
We also invite you to find out more information about individual, direct enrollment in the K12 International Academy.