You want to give your child the best possible academic start in life. EmbarK12 is designed to help preschoolers from ages 3–6 prepare for Kindergarten and offers that strong academic foundation they'll need for future years. Created by K12, the nation's leader in K–12 online education, EmbarK12:
- Offers 800+ fun, safe, and easy-to-use games and activities
- Includes core subjects: math, language arts, science, social studies, art, and music
- Promotes mathematical reasoning, basic literacy, and scientific observation
- Is based on the latest early learning research and is aligned with standards
- Boosts early learning skills and sparks excitement in eager, young minds
The program is available in two great options: EmbarK12 Comprehensive and EmbarK12 Online.
Fully Prepare Your Child for Kindergarten
"My son loves all the one-on-one attention, and I like that I can individualize his learning. Everything is spelled out for you, and I never would have been able to put the lessons together myself. I definitely recommend it."
EmbarK12 Comprehensive, our robust, kindergarten-readiness program allows you to be actively involved in preparing your child for kindergarten. The program's fun preschool curriculum:
- Features collaborative learning between you and your child
- Includes more than 1,200 online and hands-on activities and games, flash cards, manipulatives, and classic children's literature
- Helps kids master mathematical reasoning, basic literacy, scientific observation, and investigative skills
EmbarK12 Comprehensive—Starting at $99/year
The basic purchase at just $99 includes:
- A year-long subscription to hundreds of online preschool games and activities
- Access to online activity guides with teaching instructions
Also required are three additional kits with hands-on materials integrated with the curriculum.
- Standard Kit: Course-aligned flashcards and "I Am Special" workbook
- Upgrade Kit 1: Storybook collection—an engaging book aligned to each of the 18 theme-based units
- Upgrade Kit 2: Hands-on materials like counting bears, tactile alphabet letters and numbers, attribute blocks, and more.
These kits are available for purchase from K12, or individual components can be purchased independently. Optionally, you can also choose to purchase full color spiral-bound copies of the 18 unit guides with step-by-step teaching instructions that are also available online.
30-day money back guarantee
Try Embark12 risk-free for 30 days. If you aren’t completely satisfied, simply call 888.270.8024 for a full refund.
Call 888.202.2399 to buy now.
Or submit your order online:
Note: Want to use Embark in a preschool or classroom? School districts, center directors and teachers should visit the Fuel Education website to explore classroom options for EmbarK12.
Independent Preschool Games and Activities that are Fun, Safe, and Engaging
"My son is a very active 4-year-old. EmbarK12 is the first education program that's engaging and fun for him and maintains his interest."
Designed to be highly engaging for young children, EmbarK12 Online is fun and easy for your child to use independently. The program:
- Uses narration, animation, video, music and songs to appeal to young minds
- Includes a safe, password-protected virtual environment
- Offers more than 800 exciting, interactive, online preschool games and activities for kids to practice critical early learning skills
30-day money back guarantee
EmbarK12 Online—Only $69 for Unlimited Year-Long Use
Call 888.202.2399 to buy now.
Or submit your order online:
Which EmbarK12 Kindergarten-Readiness program is right for you?
|EmbarK12 Comprehensive||EmbarK12 Online|
|Who is This For?||For parents who want close involvement in their child's learning||For a child to explore and learn independently|
|Use of Program||Primary or supplemental preschool program
||Supplemental preschool review and practice
|Learning Experiences||450+ online games and activities
750+ hands-on activities plus materials
|830+ online games and activities
No hands-on activities or materials
|Parent Engagement||Collaborative, intensive learning between you and your child
||Self-guided, independent learning for your child
|Price||Starting at $99/year plus additional materials
EmbarK12's preschool games and activities are based on key early learning standards and research to help prepare your child for kindergarten. Covering all core subjects, the activities offer academic integrity and they're tons of fun to play.
Mobile Apps for Pre-K
Take learning on the go with K12's pre-K mobile apps, created especially for young learners.
EmbarK12 has been honored with multiple awards by education and ed tech organizations.
Parents' Choice Approved
Mom's Choice Award
Creative Child Magazine
2014 Media of the Year Award
2014 Eddie Awards
Ed Tech Digest
Cool Tool Award Finalist
Parents' Choice Approved
Golden Lamp Award Finalist
Software & Information
2014 CODiE Award Finalist
Award Winner for
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a parent or teacher, what is my role with EmbarK12 Comprehensive?
EmbarK12 Comprehensive is designed for collaborative learning between adults and children. The program requires thoughtful, intentional involvement by an adult to support children's natural curiosity and interests. An adult should facilitate the hands-on games and activities and many of the interactive online activities that are part of this program.
Helpful Guides offer step-by-step instructions for every hands-on or online activity. Follow the numerical sequence of units or reorder themes to best suit your needs. You can also use the Playlist and Favorites tools to preselect specific activities and let children explore on their own. The program is flexible and not mastery based, so all content is always available and can be revisited anytime.
As a parent or teacher, what is my role with EmbarK12 Online?
EmbarK12 Online is designed for 3- to 6-year-olds to use independently with minimal adult involvement needed. You and your child will both benefit from exploring the site together at first, including completing the interactive tutorial together the first time you log in. Soon thereafter, you should feel confident letting your child play on his or her own, monitoring from a distance while making dinner or doing chores. You can even set a time limit for your child using the Site Timer tool in the "For Parents" section.
That's not to say that you shouldn't be involved. To get the most from EmbarK12 Online, we encourage you to explore the stories, songs, games, and activities together. Ask questions, point out details, and encourage children to explain and elaborate on what they see, hear, and do. You might also create a custom Playlist of activities to help practice a particular skill. In short, you choose your role within EmbarK12 Online that best meets your child's needs.
Can you provide more details about the concepts taught in EmbarK12, such as scope & sequence documents?
Can I use EmbarK12 Comprehensive at home?
Absolutely. The program initially was created for childcare centers and preschool classrooms, so most instructions refer to "children" or "your class." Families and homeschoolers can easily adapt the activities; many (like drawing letters in shaving cream) are extremely fun for the whole family to enjoy.
Can I use EmbarK12 Comprehensive or EmbarK12 Online in a preschool or classroom?
EmbarK12 Comprehensive is recommended for a school or classroom environment. Depending on the classroom needs, the use of EmbarK12 Online can be explored. For all state, district, or classroom use with groups of 3 or more, please visit the K12 Educators site: getfueled.com/products-services/embark12
What materials are needed for EmbarK12 Comprehensive?
EmbarK12 Comprehensive fully prepares children for kindergarten. The program comes with our award-winning online curriculum, online resources and Guides, and instructions for completing all hands-on activities.
Many hands-on activities can be done with simple household materials, like a pencil, a cotton swab, or an old water bottle. Some activities require additional books and materials that you can get at a local library or store or that you may already own, such as construction paper, colored chalk, plaster, and classic children's books like Madeline and The Velveteen Rabbit. These books and materials will be listed in each Guide for easy reference.
Some hands-on activities require specific books (like Swimmy by Leo Lionni or Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson) or materials (like tactile alphabet letters, attribute blocks, or maps and globes). In our 4 materials kits, we've assembled the exact materials you need to successfully complete the hands-on activities. These kits will save you the time of assembling or buying all the materials needed for the program. We have carefully selected these materials to give your child a rich, varied, and unique learning experience.
- Standard Kit: We offer a standard kit of educational materials which includes a set of flashcards for all subjects and a booklet created by K12 called "I Am Special." These materials are only available from K12 and are highly recommended.
- Upgrade Kit 1—Books: This kit includes 18 classic children's books like Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle, Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino, and Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom by Bill Martin.
- Upgrade Kit 2—Materials: This kit includes 16 highly reusable items, like counting and attribute blocks, tactile alphabet letters (upper and lowercase), magnifying glass, U.S. and world maps, and more.
- Guides: These are printed, spiral-bound copies of the 18 Guides with step-by-step teaching instructions for each thematic unit. Each of these Guides is available online in the Resources section. However, by popular demand from parents and teachers, we know that having a high-quality, printed copy can be a lifesaver.
You can find a list of the books and materials included in each kit in the K12 Store.
Do I need to purchase K12 materials for EmbarK12 Comprehensive?
We strongly encourage you to purchase or have all of the materials on hand to receive the full benefit of EmbarK12 Comprehensive. Some of the materials may be found in a local library or are general household items. Several materials—like the K12-created booklet "I Am Special," attribute blocks, and tactile alphabet letters—will likely need to be purchased. To complete all the hands-on activities, you will need to find, buy, or adapt the books and materials listed in the Guides. The K12-created kits will save you the time of buying and assembling materials needed for learning activities and will let you focus on getting the most out of the program.
When will I receive my materials?
Materials will be processed and shipped after you place your order, regardless of plan activation date, unless the items are on backorder. Materials should arrive at the designated domestic shipping address within approximately 2 to 3 weeks.
The shipping time frame for international orders will vary depending on the carrier service selected for the order.
Please note that materials sent to Army Post Office (APO) addresses can only be shipped via the United States Postal Service (USPS) and no tracking information will be provided.
Can I place an international order?
You can place an international order by calling K12 Sales at 888.270.8024.
For international shipping, a representative will determine shipping charges when you place your order. The shipping time frame for international orders will vary according to the carrier service you select. Please note that materials sent to Army Post Office (APO) addresses can only be shipped via the United States Postal Service (USPS) and no tracking information will be provided.
When can I access the EmbarK12 program after I've enrolled?
When enrolling, you will pick a Course Start Date. You will be able to access EmbarK12 Online or EmbarK12 Comprehensive after that date. Your Course Start Date can be found in your confirmation e-mail from K12.
Where do I log in to EmbarK12?
Simply visit embark.k12.com and enter your username and password. These details are in the confirmation email from K12.
Those who use other K12 courses will also see a Quick Link to EmbarK12 on their OLS home screen.
What if I lose my log-in information?
Refer to your confirmation e-mail, which includes your username and password. Otherwise, please call K12 Customer Support at 866.512.2273 and we will be glad to help.
What if I have a question about charges to my credit card or changes to my billing address, email address, or phone number?
Please call the K12 Enrollment Center at 888.270.8024.
Can I return or exchange this product?
If you are not satisfied with the product, you may return it within 30 days by calling 888.270.8024. All course exchanges are processed immediately (no future start dates accepted). Please allow 24 hours for the course exchange to take effect in the Online School.
You may cancel your EmbarK12 subscription within 30 days of the activation date for a refund. The activation date will appear on your original confirmation e-mail from K12.
What if I still have a question about my materials?
Call K12 Customer Support at 866.512.2273.
What are the minimum computer and software requirements for EmbarK12 Online?
Minimum hardware recommendations for computers with a Windows operating system:
- CPU: Intel 1.8 GHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
- Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher, Chrome 17.0 or higher
- RAM: 1GB
Minimum hardware recommendations for computers with a Mac operating system:
- CPU: PowerPC G4 1 GHz or faster processor; Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz or faster processor
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- RAM: 1GB
Software is for both a Windows and Mac computer unless noted:
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher (Windows only)
- Chrome 17.0 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher
It is highly recommended that a broadband connection be used instead of a dial-up connection.
Please note the following if you are using a dial-up connection:
- Your connection must meet the minimum speed of 56 kbps.
- If you are using AOL, you must minimize AOL after connecting to the Internet and use an approved browser to access EmbarK12.
- If you are using MSN, you cannot use MSN Explorer consistently.
- Pop-up blockers can affect your ability to access parts of EmbarK12 Online.
- Internet security products, such as Norton Internet Security, can inhibit your online experience.
- Software firewalls installed on your PC will often cause accessibility problems.
- Firewalls must have port 8080 open to both TCP and UDP traffic to allow access to EmbarK12 Online.
Touchscreens and Wacom tablets
See below: Can I use EmbarK12 Online on my tablet or mobile device (iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, etc.)?
If you're having trouble accessing the site and aren't sure if your computer is configured correctly, please call Customer Support at 866.512.2273.
Can I use EmbarK12 on my tablet or mobile device (iPad, iPhone, Android tablet, etc.)?
EmbarK12 is best used on a laptop, desktop computer, or an interactive Whiteboard (e.g. Promethian, SMART, etc.).
EmbarK12 uses Adobe Flash, which does not run on most tablets. Some users have used special browser apps like Puffin, Rover, or Photon that stream Flash websites onto tablets. You can find these apps in the iTunes or Google Play stores. We don't endorse these products, because they may prevent the EmbarK12 activities from working perfectly, but you can try these options at your own discretion.