How to Enroll
You can still enroll students in grades 3-8 for the 2014–2015 school year! Applications for second semester high school students will be accepted beginning Thursday, September 4!
Third grade students must be eight years old by September 1, 2014 to enroll.
All students must meet one of the three enrollment criteria options below:
- Reside in Texas, except as otherwise provided for in TEC Chapter 30A.002, and
- Reside within the existing boundaries of the charter school geographic service area in which they enrolled. To view a list of school districts where students are not eligible to attend, please visit us here.
- Not have graduated from high school, and
- Have been enrolled in a public school in Texas during the preceding year
- Have been previously enrolled in a Texas public high school and no longer reside in Texas as a result of a military deployment or transfer, or
- Have been placed in substitute care in Texas, regardless of whether the student was enrolled in a public school in Texas in the preceding school year
For more information on H.B. 3646, the 2009 legislation that includes terms of participation for students wishing to enroll in an online virtual school through the TxVSN, you may view the text from the bill.
Steps to Enroll
Enrolling your student is important—but it shouldn't be difficult. We've designed our enrollment process to provide you with the tools, resources and guidance you'll need, any time you need it. To ensure a seamless experience, we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox as your web browser when completing the following steps.
1. Create an Account
The Parent Portal provides on-demand access to our online Application and Admissions Process, real-time alerts to help you stay on track, and quick links to important info.
2. Submit an Application
To submit an application, you'll provide us with basic information about your student and choose an available school.
3. Complete the Admissions Process
To complete the admissions process, you'll provide more detailed information about your student, submit necessary documentation and fulfill any additional requirements related to your student's enrollment.
TXVA has some specific requirements that are important for you to note before you get started:
Proof of Prior Public School Enrollment
To show proof of enrollment in a public school during the 2013–2014 school year, please submit any one of the following documents from the 2013–2014 school year:
- Report Card
- Progress report
- Verification of enrollment form filled out by previous school
4. Complete Any Next Steps
All prospective families will participate in a pre-approval telephone conference with an Enrollment Consultant. You may also have additional pre-approval actions depending on your student's individual situation. If this applies to you, you will be notified and instructed on how to complete them.
5. Receive Official Approval
Upon successful completion of the enrollment process, your student will be approved. Please check your email for important information regarding your student's approval and how to access the Online School.
Thanks for your interest in Texas Virtual Academy! We look forward to you and your family joining our school community soon.