Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
The Oregon Virtual Academy (ORVA) uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Oregon students in grades K–12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, the Oregon Virtual Academy and K¹² provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
The Oregon Virtual Academy provides students and their families with the following:
- Experienced, Oregon-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional, individualized K¹² curriculum, which covers both the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- An active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where ORVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience individualized for each child.
Statement of Education Equality
ORVA is committed to a policy of education equality. Accordingly, the program admits students and conducts all educational programs, activities, and employment practices without regard to race, national origin, sex, handicap, marital status, color, religion, age, or any other legally protected classification. Any person having inquiries concerning the school’s compliance with regulations implementing Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act is directed to contact Jim Moyer, ORVA Head of School, at 541.751.8060.