Who We Are
The Ohio Virtual Academy uses the K12 online curriculum to offer Ohio students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, the Ohio Virtual Academy and K¹² provide the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
The Ohio Virtual Academy is one of the fastest growing schools in Ohio, and here's why:
- Our experienced, licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional, individualized K¹² curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials,,, ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where OHVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high quality, tuition-free online public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
- OHVA accreditation from the Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA) and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI).
The mission of OHVA is to empower students and their parents with an innovative and effective instructional program to achieve high standards and help students reach their full academic and social potential.
Our vision is to create a high-performance school that equips teachers and parents with the tools of tomorrow, thereby giving our students all the opportunities they need to succeed in life and creating a new model for the twenty-first century public school.