Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Massachusetts Virtual Academy (MAVA) at Greenfield is a new public virtual school of the Greenfield School District, and the first diploma-granting virtual school in Massachusetts. Through a unique partnership, MAVA at Greenfield uses the K¹² curriculum to offer Massachusetts students in grades K–10 an exceptional learning experience that doesn't require students to come to a school facility every day. With individualized learning approaches, MAVA at Greenfield and K¹² offer students a high-quality online education option where 80% of the coursework is completed online at a location other than a school facility.
Here are some of the many reasons students might enroll in MAVA at Greenfield:
- A seasoned team of educators that includes experienced and highly qualified Massachusetts-licensed administrators and teachers who are available to students online, by phone, and in person.
- The exceptional, engaging K¹² curriculum, which covers core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, the K¹² curriculum combines high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K¹².
- Online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and seeds to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- A team of support personnel that will ensure adaptive requirements for students
- An active, supportive school community that organizes fun and informative activities for MAVA at Greenfield parents, students, and staff to share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- A high-quality, tuition-free public education that comes to the student and enables parents (or other adult mentors) to focus their time and attention on interacting with and supporting their children.
- Face-to-face instruction options and extracurricular school program participation for students living within driving distance of Greenfield.
Massachusetts Virtual Academy is open to all students who are able to successfully participate in a virtual school environment. View our Enrollment & Attendance FAQs for more information on eligibility requirements and the groups of students who receive priority for acceptance into the program.