Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Massachusetts Virtual Academy at Greenfield Commonwealth Virtual School (MAVA@GCVS) is the first diploma-granting commonwealth virtual school in Massachusetts. Through a unique partnership, MAVA@GCVS uses the K¹² online curriculum to offer Massachusetts students in grades K–12 an exceptional learning experience that doesn't require students to come to a school facility every day. With individualized learning approaches, MAVA@GCVS and K¹² offer students a high-quality online education option where 80% of the coursework is completed online at a location other than a school facility.
Here are some of the many reasons students might enroll in MAVA@GCVS:
- A seasoned team of educators that includes experienced and highly qualified Massachusetts-licensed administrators and teachers who are available to students online, by phone, and in person.
- The exceptional, engaging K¹² curriculum, which covers core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, the K¹² curriculum combines high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level.
- Online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and seeds to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- A team of support personnel that will ensure adaptive requirements for students
- An active, supportive school community that organizes fun and informative activities for MAVA@GCVS parents, students, and staff to share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- A high-quality, tuition-free online public education that comes to the student and enables parents (or other adult mentors) to focus their time and attention on interacting with and supporting their children.
- Face-to-face instruction options and extracurricular school program participation for students living within driving distance of Greenfield.
MAVA@GCVS is open to all students who are able to successfully participate in a virtual school environment. View our Enrollment & Attendance FAQs for more information on eligibility requirements and the groups of students who receive priority for acceptance into the program.