Your Child Can Thrive
You know your kids have something special inside them. We know it too. Lawrence Virtual School (LVS) and K¹² ignite the minds of children like yours to bring learning and innate possibility alive. Together, we are helping Kansas students in grades K–12 reach their true, personal potential.
For more than 10 years Lawrence Virtual School and K¹² have provided Kansas kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. We offer:
- Over a decade of experience educating students in grades K–12 through consistent delivery of engaging lessons by caring and committed teachers and staff
- The award-winning K¹² curriculum, aligned to Kansas State Board of Education standards
- Full-time, tuition-free* online public school option
- Technology (i.e. computers) loaned to full-time families upon request
- Experienced, attentive support from Kansas-licensed teachers with extensive training in current educational best practices regarding virtual education, home schooling, and child development
- Support from Kansas-licensed teachers
- An active, supportive school community
- A range of extracurricular activities, such as educational field trips, Prom, Student Council, National and Junior Honor’s Society programs, and graduation ceremonies
- Dual credit available to High School students through Johnson County Community College, University of Kansas, Baker University, Emporia State University, as well as a variety of other colleges and universities across the state
- All high school courses are NCAA eligible
- The ability for students to participate in their school district’s extracurricular athletics and activities
*Annual $97 materials and technology fee required for all students (may be waived based on committee review).