Welcome to Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy!
Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy (LAVCA) is available to Louisiana students in grades K–12 through a partnership between K12 Inc. and Community School for Apprenticeship Learning Inc. (CSAL). Founded in 1997, CSAL is a not-for-profit with a mission to provide students with real-world experiences by giving them access to alternative forms of instruction. Since its inception, CSAL has operated a small middle school and high school centered on individualized attention, integrated project-based instruction, and motivating students to do their best. LAVCA is its third charter school.
The Louisiana Virtual Charter Academy and K¹² give Louisiana kids in grades K–12 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them. LAVCA offers:
- The exceptional, effective K¹² curriculum
- A high-quality, tuition-free public education
- An individualized approach to learning
- Students may earn college credit while in high school
- Compelling, high-interest courses that introduce a variety of possible careers
- An active school community
- Highly qualified, Louisiana-certified teachers
Learn about statewide virtual public school options available to you by attending one of our in-person events this month!
Attend an online event this month from the convenience of your own home. These events offer a glimpse at virtual public school in a unique setting.