Request More Information
One of our knowledgeable enrollment consultants will call you within 48 hours.
Who can enroll in a Flex Academy?
Students who meet the following eligibility requirements may apply to their local Flex Academy. Students must:
- Provide documentation of state residency,
- Meet the age requirements determined by local state, charter school and/or Flex Academy guidelines, and
- Be able to attend the local Flex Academy school site five days a week from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
What does it cost to attend a Flex Academy?
Since Flex Public Schools is a non-profit organization that serves students through a network of full-time public charter schools, there is no tuition to attend a Flex Academy. State-certified teachers and all of the instructional materials for the program are provided.
How are Flex Academies different than my neighborhood brick-and-mortar school?
- Flex Academies are five-days-a-week hybrid programs that combine the best of online education with traditional onsite schooling.
- Flex Academies provide engaging and personalized learning that truly maximizes each student's full potential. Students who need more support can go slower, while students who are advanced in certain subjects can move ahead. The focus is on the individual student, rather than on the group as a whole.
- The curriculum used by each Flex Academy includes a robust catalog of core and elective courses, including more electives than most schools offer in the areas of art, science, history, business/career, and technology.
- Flex Academy students will each have access to their own computer at school at no charge.
- Lessons are delivered both online and via direct instruction from teachers, while collaboration with peers, academic and social enrichment opportunities, sports and activities build a strong school community.
- Class sizes are small and will vary based on student needs, as determined by regular assessments; students who need more help in mastering a subject will get that help while more advanced students are challenged to take their learning further.
What subjects are offered?
English, math, science, and history are the core courses. Students also have access to a comprehensive catalog of elective courses that include art, technology, world languages, anthropology, journalism and much more. See course catalogs for grades K to 8 or high school.
Does the program provide textbooks and other instructional materials?
We provide all the textbooks and instructional materials that are needed to complete the program. Each student will also be provided a computer at the school site to facilitate the online instruction component of the program.
Can students work at their own pace?
The pace of the program is flexible; however, students must demonstrate regular academic gains while enrolled in the program. Face-to-face classes, tutoring and other academic enrichment opportunities are available to students to assist in meeting this important requirement.
How do students interact socially?
Flex Academy students have many opportunities to interact both socially and academically as they would in any other school. In addition to classroom interaction and socializing during the school day, students can participate in after-school clubs, sports and extra-curricular activities such as basketball and soccer teams.
How do I enroll my student?
Visit our How to Enroll section for information on enrolling in one of our Flex Academies.