The K12 Life Science program invites students to investigate the world of living things—at levels both large and small—by reading, observing, and experimenting with aspects of life on earth. Students explore an amazing variety of organisms, the complex workings of the cell, the relationship between living things and their environments, and discoveries in the world of modern genetics. Practical, hands-on lesson activities help students discover how scientists investigate the living world. Students perform laboratory activities and a full unit investigation to learn about the application of scientific methods.
Students will study a variety of topics in biology, including:
- The chemical building blocks of life
- Fundamentals of ecology and life's environments
- The biology of organisms from bacteria to mammals
- The life processes of plants
- The variety of cell structure and how cells perform the tasks necessary for life
- Fundamentals of genetics
K12 Scope & Sequence documents for each course include:
- Course Overview (as seen above)
- Course Outline
- Lesson Time and Scheduling
- Materials List
Note: Materials lists are subject to revision and may vary slightly from state to state.