The kindergarten History program teaches basics of world geography with the seven continents. Students will:
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, the frozen expanses of Antarctica, and the grasslands and rain forests of Africa
- Learn what it is like to climb the Andes and ride with the gauchos
- Become familiar with the landmarks, people, and stories of many countries in Europe and Asia, as well as North America, including Canada and Mexico
- Learn about American History through biographies of famous figures, from Christopher Columbus and the Pilgrims to Thomas Jefferson and Sacagawea, from Harriet Tubman and Susan B. Anthony to Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt, from Thomas Edison and the Wright brothers to Cesar Chavez and Martin Luther King, Jr.
K12 Scope & Sequence documents for each course include:
- Course Overview (as seen above)
- Course Outline
- Lesson Time and Scheduling
- Materials List
Note: Materials lists are subject to revision and may vary slightly from state to state.