Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
As a program of Lafayette Parish School System from Louisiana, the Lafayette Online Academy uses K¹² and FuelEd curriculum to offer Lafayette Parish students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, the Lafayette Online Academy provides the tools kids need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Here's why families have chosen Lafayette Online Academy for their kids:
- Lafayette Online Academy students have the opportunity to participate in memorable extra-curricular activities offered at their home school. Our students are able to participate in athletics, field trips, prom, even graduate with their school’s class and much more!
- Lafayette Online Academy students receive all eligible services offered by the Lafayette Parish School system. This includes an extensive array of valued resources and services expertly delivered to students throughout the district.
- Students and parents can access instruction 24 hours a day, seven days a week from virtually any place a computer will take them. Question on a lesson? Both parents and students have access to teachers through email, web-conferencing and in person at the Lafayette Online Academy’s Learning Center on Pinhook Road.
- Students enrolled in Lafayette Online Academy can earn an accredited diploma through the Lafayette Online Academy.
- The exceptional, individualized K12 and FuelEd curriculum, which covers core subject areas and beyond. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K12.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to microscopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
- Highly qualified teachers provide individualized instruction, tutorials and supplemental learning aids to assist each student in meeting their goals.
Jared J. Coutee